Bad Aux Hyd Switch in Joystick Handle on 763

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OldNeons

At the recommendation of Bobcat service manager - I'm looking to replace the right hand joystick handle on my 763 C series. It has only the momentary left/right switch that controls the aux hydraulics, and the trigger for the horn/beeper. 5 wires total. Bobcat wants $450 for this handle - part number 6680413. Has anyone ever used a similar handle with more switches/wires - say a 6706568 and simply not used the extra switches and wires? The handles, wire connectors, etc appear the same? Or does anyone have any tips of possibly getting my switch to work? It appears to be potted in resin? Hate to spend $450 for a simple 3 position momentary switch.... I removed the handle assembly to change the main steering arm after it rusted off just below the handle. I was careful with the handle and wires/connector and have triple checked the connections. The switch functions -but will not disengage. When nudged left - it stays stuck left until you manually nudge the switch back right to release it. Same going to the right. Appreciate any help. Thanks

flyerdan

If that's all that is wrong with it, I'd be inclined to try and squirt some contact cleaner in there (can't remember if that has a rubber membrane over the outer portion) and blow it out with air and see if it frees up. If the spring isn't broken, it might start working again.
If the spring is broken and it won't function normally, I'd see if the switch was separate from the rest of the electric package and could be replaced independently, and see if it has any identifying number on it to search online for. Bobcat don't make the switches, they get them from somewhere.