Backup camera on Kubota SSV75

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wcodyd

Hi Friends, I'm looking to install a backup camera on my Kubota SSV75. Two questions: 1) Any particular backup camera that you'd recommend? 2) How are you powering the camera? I'm looking for an electrical source that's only on when the machine is running or, alternatively, powered only when the machine is in reverse. Thank you

Tazza

Staff member
I know a guy that has a factory camera on his, he says it's not a whole lot of good due to getting dirty all the time, but with that said, handy to have all the same.
To be honest, is there any issues with it running all the time off switched power? The cheap Ebayone i got i haven't installed yet, but one day i plan to. I see no reason why i can't leave it going as why wait for it to power up before going backwards every time? with a skidder, you're moving back and forth all the time, so the delay as it powers up will become a pain. It could be powered off your reversing beeper if fitted.
If/when you do hook it up, do let us know how it goes.

Jerry01314

Can you afford $60. Very happy with clear picture.Plugs into cig lighter with on/off switch.
Plenty of wire. I lifted up the cab a little and ran wire to alarm hole.
Used turnpike sticky to hold in place. Amazon
BUcamera.png

thwerench

I agree with Tassa, I just installed one in my bobcat and it's powered all the time, works well, he's correct that your always going back and forth with them anyway, so any power source works and easy to locate, I opted for a little better system then basic because of continual vibration the components are being subjected too, but that's just me, hoping fully one and done.