Backup Alarm

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BeechDriver

Does anyone know if I can remove the backup Speaker, micro switches, and the short wiring loom that goes to them without causing any subsequent side issues?

Thanks for any help.

foton

I would just disconnect the wire leads at the speaker and see what happens, I would assume that it is a plug into a harness type.

Jerry01314

I just bought a s775 and some one cut the horn and back up alarm off. It runs with no problem. Why didn't they just unconnect them? My guess as some thing shorted out.
You don't say why you need to do this!

OP
OP
B

BeechDriver

Yes, more information would have been better upfront:
Bobcat 1998 F Series 753. I bought it at auction, sight unseen, mistake. It's a complete basket case, but it was very cheap. I've just decided to bite the bullet and make it right. I pulled the engine and pump. So far, and I'm a long way from done, I've replaced the following:
Battery
Battery cables
Drive, fan, and alternator belts
Radiator fluid
Radiator hoses
Engine oil and filter
New gas tank, bushings, fuel sender pick up tube, screen, and return line
All new fuel hoses and primer ball
Hydraulic fluid and filter
ALL the hydraulic lines
New wheels and tires
Rebuilt both drive motors
Replaced all the steering bushings
New steering handles and grips
New steering shield
New pintle shaft seals
New glow plug and light switches
Installing an LED light bar on cab
New seat
All new Bobtach bushings and pins
New air filters
Lots of small small odds and ends
As brackets and parts come off, I'm media blasting and powder coating them. Eventually I'll have a dustless blaster come and take the whole thing down to bare metal so I can paint it right.

The wiring is a mess and I'm struggling to understand it. At some point someone was cutting wire, making connections that don't seem logical and I can't tell if the rest was chewed up by mice or someone used a handsaw and started hacking away. It has the BICS system in it with a seat override. It isn't working. The machine won't move forward or back and the arms and bucket don't move either. The seat override light flashes steady. Yes, I bought a new seat sensor, dismantled the entire seat assembly, cleaned and reinstalled. Still nothing.

The backup alarm wiring at the speaker was cut and obviously hasn't worked since I got the machine. In my endeavors to figure out the wiring I see the switches and wiring harnesses for the system. I hate that beeping sound. I don't plan to do jobs other than my own work, so I really don't want it. Getting rid of the entire system would be my preference. Clearly, not at the expense of other things not working as a result.

Also, this is my first machine and I don't know anything about it. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

Jerry01314

Some help maybe found at that link.
I notice you don't speak of fuse box always a mess of corrosion.