Backhoe information from my dealer.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Benchboss

Hello all, Like I said before, I just bought a real nice 240 series II loader. I would like to somehow mount a backhoe to it. I went to my local dealer today and asked about rental backhoe units. They just about laughed me out of the place. They said they have maybe only sold 2 in the last few years because as he explained it. The operator when digging a trench and wanted to move backwards would have to lift the out riggers ( which is what all need to do) then exit the Hoe and enter the loader cab put on seat belt and disengage the park brake move back 5 or 6 feet and then get out and get back on the hoe again. Please say it aint so... With all the Bobcats I've had I was able to fabricate a set of pedals on the hoe that go back to the steering levers on the loader. I think I would be able to do the same on the J-D but the park brake has me a little concerned. Is there any way to circumvent the seat and belt switches and still be able to move while running. If not there may be a good 240 coming on the market. What experiences have you guy's had with a backhoe attachment?