Diesel Fuel Additive for my new 325G

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MakandaFarm

Hello. My first post here after recently purchasing a 325G. I have a whopping 10 hrs in a skid steer so all inputs and recommendations are much appreciated. Do you recommend diesel fuel additive? YANMAR does not advise the use of any fuel additives https://www.yanmar.com/marine/faq/can-i-use-fuel-additives/ Thanks in advance for your feedback. 325G.jpg

mrbb

my 2 cents,
< the only thing I would ever add is, something to prevent gelling in VERY cold weather, other wise, use good fuel, replace fuel filters often, and I doubt you will ever have any issues

lots of products on the market are there to just sell you something that you don;'t need,
marketing hype and causing fear or desire for there magical claims is never a reason to buy things! IMO
there just ain't no magic in a bottle or can!
will it hurt to use them, most likely no, minus there costs, but as I said, I also doubt any do anything worth there costs either

foton

yes if you are in a area that fuel will gel you will need a additive to keep it liquid, alot of them also claim they help clean injectors and who knows what else. But if you have a bulk fuel tank you use fuel from that will need to be treated with a biocide for diesel bugs (common term) if there is any condensation of water in the tank they can exist in it,that needs to be done to take care of the fuel. There is also a anti-slime additive for fuel tanks that is supposed to help keep fuel fresh and tank cleanish.

akoyote

The reason they say don't use anti additive is alot have extra lubrication additives to aid the stripped out ultra low sulfur diesel fuel, which prevents pump and injector wear, but with a DPF that could cause premature failure. We used powerservice white bottle that has slickdiesel additive in our 2015 328e deere for years, no problems.