Backhoe attachment for a 240 series II

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Benchboss

Hello all, Have any of you ever mated a Bobcat 709 or 909 backhoe to a Deer? Any fabrication required or should I say how much fabrication is required? How common are Deere backhoe units to purchase used?

skidsteer.ca

The quick attach will hook up of course.
The biggest problem is the deere boom is too wide to fit between the side arms on the bobcat hoe and those would have to be removed. Then soome other mechaincal link to steady the bucket tilt cylinders would have to be made. A tractor quick release top link from the 3pt hitch works good.
Ocasionally you see a used deere hoe come up on ebay but not near as often as a 709.
If you are going to the trouble of converting a Bobcat one, I'd recommend the 709, the 909 can't lift its boom near as vertical and if your front stabilizers begin to sink in soft ground you will hit the end of the stroke of the main boom cylinder trying to lift you bucket from the trench.
Deere's extend a hoe is a nice feature but their fold down stabilizers are a pain, can't dig beside a house obstical etc and its easy to drop a rock on the outrigger cylinder when you are dumping spoil.
Ken

OP
OP
B

Benchboss

The quick attach will hook up of course.
The biggest problem is the deere boom is too wide to fit between the side arms on the bobcat hoe and those would have to be removed. Then soome other mechaincal link to steady the bucket tilt cylinders would have to be made. A tractor quick release top link from the 3pt hitch works good.
Ocasionally you see a used deere hoe come up on ebay but not near as often as a 709.
If you are going to the trouble of converting a Bobcat one, I'd recommend the 709, the 909 can't lift its boom near as vertical and if your front stabilizers begin to sink in soft ground you will hit the end of the stroke of the main boom cylinder trying to lift you bucket from the trench.
Deere's extend a hoe is a nice feature but their fold down stabilizers are a pain, can't dig beside a house obstical etc and its easy to drop a rock on the outrigger cylinder when you are dumping spoil.
Ken
Thanks Ken for the great information. What do you think about the Bradco units married to the Deere?