"G" Series Snowblower Operation

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Cotton

Good Afternoon,

I am on my second skid steer mounted snowblower and need to panel the experts on use case expectations. I have a JD 324G with High Flow option. From two different manufacturers, I am coming in to a fatal flaw when mating to a 73" snowblower. Under relatively wide open throttle (2250 RPM+), with creep mode set between 20% - 40%, I will frequently experience the condition where the feed auger encounters resistance and stops rotating. The hydraulic system utilizes pressure relief that upon pressure spikes, dumps flow back to the tank.

The snow conditions are what I would describe as relatively normal for a skid steer machine and drift environment. 73" blower, 2250+ RPM, 74hp High Flow machine, creep speed engaged 20% to 40%.

The drifts are wind driven resulting in fairly dense snow banks with the depth approximately 3' to 4' deep.

My question to the experts, are my expectations unreasonable in expecting the main auger to turn and turn in most conditions, or is this a normal condition where hydraulically driven augers stop rotating frequently and in my opinion, easily.

Thank You