Looking at getting a 325G skid steer. What options would you go with.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Valhalla Farm

Wondering what options you owners went with and why. I know I'm going with the cab, AC, heat, radio and such. But wondering what the big difference between the 12in and 15in tracks. I know one is wider wondering what I would need the wider ones for. Building the skid steer for farm use and plowing / moving snow in the winter. ANy help before i send in the request for quote would be great.

Thanks
Greg

brdgbldr

Wider tracks spread out the weight of the machine. So if you are going to work in soft soil that is deep wide tracks are good. They will keep you from sinking in.

Narrower tracks will give you better traction on more solid surfaces since the weight is higher per square foot of track.

In my experience tracks are not good for snow on any type of slope. They act like two sleds under the machine. On flat surfaces they do fine.

You may want to ask the dealer what types of tracks they offer. The type of tread and material they are made with can make a huge difference with traction, how much they tear up the surface and how fast they wear out.