Aztec loader info needed...

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MichaelO

Good Day Folks, I have an input gear problem in the gear drive to the differentials in a little Aztec loader that was made by Azmuth Engineering of Chicago in the 70's, I believe. I haven't been able to find out any info so I'm looking for any help... it's like a small bobcat but it articulates in the middle instead of being a skid-steer. I would like to get ahold of the input shaft from the hydraulic drive motor to the gear that drives the diffs, half the shaft with the small toothed gear is inside the gear case. It's a 3/4" shaft with a keyway for the coupler from the hydraulic motor, the 12 teeth are about 1 1/2" long and 1 3/8" in dia. and located toward the end that mates up with the large gear inside the drive case, total length of the shaft is just over 4" long. It's quite worn so I'd like to replace it with a new or used one, rather than have a machine shop make it for me. Thanks for your help... any information is greatly appreciated, the snow is coming!! -Michael

mountain23

Hey MichaelO I just came accross an Aztec Loader myself and cant find any info on it can you point me in the right direction mine has an 18 horse Kohler with a blown head gasket but is looking worth the effort to repair any info would be appreciated thanks