Mini Bulldozer info wanted

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

V65ozzie

Looking into buying a mini bulldozer, looked at a Nortrac, but reviews of it turned me off. Any other brands I can look at, didn't find much on the web, seems to be a mini market item(pun intended) thanks

Tazza

Staff member
That is one thing i can say i have never seen.
I don't know what sort of jobs you are aiming to use it for, but could you use a tracked machine with a blade or custom bucket? The tracks should give you the grip, the only down side is the rigidity of a dozer vs the extra pivot points a skid steer will have will give more bucket movement when you want it stiff.

OP
OP
V

V65ozzie

That is one thing i can say i have never seen.
I don't know what sort of jobs you are aiming to use it for, but could you use a tracked machine with a blade or custom bucket? The tracks should give you the grip, the only down side is the rigidity of a dozer vs the extra pivot points a skid steer will have will give more bucket movement when you want it stiff.
I'm in the equipment rental business, and I get a lot of requests for a mini bulldozer. A lot of construction going on, and access roads are being pushed through to properties, hence the need for a bulldozer. Europe and AUS seems to have a lock on the market...... The ones I've seen are pretty cool, but no availability here in the US. I saw one that is basically a mini caterpillar, but the blade is also adjustable for camber. I'd love to get my hands on one of those. Our market is more aimed at the homeowner, hence the need for something I can easily trailer. Skid steers are great, but, in reality, they suck for pushing(we use rubber tracks) and lacking the weight and horsepower(my biggest is a T450-any bigger and I pass the limits for not needing a CDL to transport it or sizing it out of the customers ability to tow it) Just bought a new Takeuchi TB230 with a thumb and angle-able blade, I'm loving that machine. Apparently, so do my customers, it's never here. I haven't had chance to use it myself. I can tell you how to make a million dollars in the rental business though. Start with 2 million.....

Tazza

Staff member
I'm in the equipment rental business, and I get a lot of requests for a mini bulldozer. A lot of construction going on, and access roads are being pushed through to properties, hence the need for a bulldozer. Europe and AUS seems to have a lock on the market...... The ones I've seen are pretty cool, but no availability here in the US. I saw one that is basically a mini caterpillar, but the blade is also adjustable for camber. I'd love to get my hands on one of those. Our market is more aimed at the homeowner, hence the need for something I can easily trailer. Skid steers are great, but, in reality, they suck for pushing(we use rubber tracks) and lacking the weight and horsepower(my biggest is a T450-any bigger and I pass the limits for not needing a CDL to transport it or sizing it out of the customers ability to tow it) Just bought a new Takeuchi TB230 with a thumb and angle-able blade, I'm loving that machine. Apparently, so do my customers, it's never here. I haven't had chance to use it myself. I can tell you how to make a million dollars in the rental business though. Start with 2 million.....
It shows you bought the right machine if it's always being rented and making you money.
The abiity to easily transport a machine is a plus too. I'd think reneters would like to be able to take the gear home on their own instead of paying for delivery.
I like the how to make a million bucks line :)