Anyone using Dozer Blade Attachment??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jack

Anyone using the Dozer Blade? I have ordered it for my S185, not here yet, however the 14 pin/7pin attachment controller kit came today. Have to fit it up DIY. The blade uses the 7 pin socket for control. I am hoping the blade is rugged enough for grading existing vehicle tracks on my farm, alss doing some small leveling work & fire breaks etc.

Tazza

Staff member
I have never used one, but it would indeed be handy.
Its the one with the adjustable tilt etc and wheel at the front so you can use it as a grader too? I think it would work a treat for driveway work if you can adjust the tile to set angles to get the water off the road.
Let us know how it goes when you get it.

OP
OP
J

Jack

I have never used one, but it would indeed be handy.
Its the one with the adjustable tilt etc and wheel at the front so you can use it as a grader too? I think it would work a treat for driveway work if you can adjust the tile to set angles to get the water off the road.
Let us know how it goes when you get it.
No, its the 6 way 80 " Dozer blade, not Grader blade. There is no wheel on it etc. This one http://www.bobcat.com/attachments/dozer_blade

500K_773

No, its the 6 way 80 " Dozer blade, not Grader blade. There is no wheel on it etc. This one http://www.bobcat.com/attachments/dozer_blade
I have a similar sized machine (773T) and my dealer only had the 90" blade. He said I'd be dissapointed with this blade because it was too big and my machine needed an 80" blade. He didn't have one to demo. I can't wait to hear your results.
I did try a Cat dozer blade on a Cat skidsteer, but did not like the Cat auxillary hydraulic controls for the blade. I've heard the Bobcat controls are much better.

OP
OP
J

Jack

I have a similar sized machine (773T) and my dealer only had the 90" blade. He said I'd be dissapointed with this blade because it was too big and my machine needed an 80" blade. He didn't have one to demo. I can't wait to hear your results.
I did try a Cat dozer blade on a Cat skidsteer, but did not like the Cat auxillary hydraulic controls for the blade. I've heard the Bobcat controls are much better.
My Dozer Blade arrived today.......this thing is seriously heavy duty :) I am impressed! I have yet to fit the control kit and set the control switching up, in my deluxe panel menu. Hope to get it fired up over Easter. Stay tuned!!