Anybody add Aux. hydraulics to a NH L553? is it doable?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

scottlandyard

I'm almost don't with all my replacement hoses and was wondering if it was a good idea to add in aux hydraulics while the machine is all apart. I thought i saw somebody on ebay selling the "kit" but i don't see it now. Lastly, im going to be operating my glow plugs manually. Ive built several kits for older VW with a heavy solenoid and momentary switch. Was wondering if the 553 has a timer on it for the glow plugs and if anyone had any info on them. Thanks! Scott in Maine , rebuilding a light fire L553 I have a slide show of the machine before and after coming soon.

irwin

I'd think if you want to just use a grapple the electric diverter valve would be the least costly. For high output (say for a hydraulic motor snowblower, or a post hole digger) you'll be spending a little more for a manual valve set up. There's a lot of info online. http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/548982
After getting that burnt 553 fixed, installing aux hydraulics should be well within your capibilities.

Tazza

Staff member
I'd think if you want to just use a grapple the electric diverter valve would be the least costly. For high output (say for a hydraulic motor snowblower, or a post hole digger) you'll be spending a little more for a manual valve set up. There's a lot of info online. http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/548982
After getting that burnt 553 fixed, installing aux hydraulics should be well within your capibilities.
Not sure about the aux lines, but the glow is simple. You can buy a key switch with a glow position. My 743 now has one that you turn it to the right in the order of on, glow, start. It spring returns to on and the glow plugs turn off. You can get ones that you turn to the left to glow then to the right to turn on and start.
Using a push button switch and a relay will work too.