Alternatives for Brand name skidsteer Bushhogs??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RS Coyote

Well-known member
Apr 28, 2005
I went to a small tractor dealer today. He had a mower with about a 50" blade off a road maintinance tractor. With the mower cover (about 55" x 55") & hoses for $1500 plus tax. It has the blade attached to the hydraulic motor. The hoses coming out of the motor are about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2". Do you think this would be better than converting a standard 72" Bushhog? I have a 863G HF but I will not be able to aafforda brush cat for a while. So If I can fabricate something for under $2000 I may do it. I may look around for a used Brush hog or see how much that hydraulic motor and blades are off a road maintinance tractor and build my own cover/deck.


Active member
Apr 30, 2005
RS Coyote: If you plan to cut brush and trees with it, I don't think you'll be happy. Many aren't built heavy enough for that kind of abuse. Have you tried looking for a used brush mower? Sometimes there are good deals on ebay or other online sites. Bobcat doesn't sell a 72" brushcat either. Keep us posted.