Adding Aux hydraulics M700

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HappyNewBob

Ok, I have tried to read as many threads as I can but know I think I confused myself. I bought a Bobcat M700 got a good deal on it because it did not move and you could clearly see that the drive shaft was just spinning on the pump. Easy fix Flush the hydraulics of the old nasty fluid good service. Up and running. runs great and works great also. I need it as a home owner not a contractor so I am very happy. Only thing is it does not have the aux hydraulics. It was an option but this machine does not have it. I want to put a grapple bucket for moving logs,brush and large stones but my father also has a Davis backhoe that I want to have fit on it also. I know I need to add another spool valve but can I use any valve that will handle the 12 gpm flow rate or do I need to to get a complete 3 spool valve set up. I have seen 5 spool valve set ups on E bay but that could be over kill. Then again I would have spare valves. Or could I put some kind of electronic valve on for my Aux. I don't want to go crazy (yet) but any thought or ideas would be great. Happy standing by.

Tazza

Staff member
I'm sure you could find a single control block that can handle the flow, the only issue you may have is if the control block you have now has power beyond ports or not. Its kind of tricky plumbing in another section to a control block that doesn't have these ports. It will put pressure into the wrong areas and blow spool seals.
If you could locate a cheap 3 or 5 segment control block that would fit, it would be perfect. It doesn't matter that two of the segments wouldn't be used, just plug them off.

skidsteer.ca

I'm sure you could find a single control block that can handle the flow, the only issue you may have is if the control block you have now has power beyond ports or not. Its kind of tricky plumbing in another section to a control block that doesn't have these ports. It will put pressure into the wrong areas and blow spool seals.
If you could locate a cheap 3 or 5 segment control block that would fit, it would be perfect. It doesn't matter that two of the segments wouldn't be used, just plug them off.
The simplest would be to plumb a single spool "power beyond" control valve, either electric or manual between the pump and the existing control valve.
Ken