Adding auxiliary electrical hookup to Bobcat 953

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sauciechick

I have a 1995 Bobcat 953 (S#513111100). Is it possible to add an auxiliary electrical hookup so I can run multi-function attachments? Thanks!

OP
OP
S

sauciechick

What kind of attachments are you needing it for first off
Specifically, I am looking at an articulating brush cutter. It is on an arm so you can cut the tops of trees. But also, I could foresee a snowblower and a 6-way blade. Thank you.

Chris 8603

Well if your going to do all that, you could just find you a controller with enough functions on it to run everything and run a power wire back to the battery and have whatever plug in the cab to use to disconnect. I did that for a friend that had several tree spades. Each one had a 6 button controller that you just hung in the cab. You can go as far as too put a plug on the arm with your aux connection and leave the controller in the cab. There is several options you can do from just a push button box to a full on joystick style to put on you drive stick. If you need help with ideas and help finding parts I will be glad to give my 2 cents worth on how I did my friends.

OP
OP
S

sauciechick

Well if your going to do all that, you could just find you a controller with enough functions on it to run everything and run a power wire back to the battery and have whatever plug in the cab to use to disconnect. I did that for a friend that had several tree spades. Each one had a 6 button controller that you just hung in the cab. You can go as far as too put a plug on the arm with your aux connection and leave the controller in the cab. There is several options you can do from just a push button box to a full on joystick style to put on you drive stick. If you need help with ideas and help finding parts I will be glad to give my 2 cents worth on how I did my friends.
Thanks so much. Probably going to pursue this further in the spring if I can get ahold of a articulating mower.