A hello and quick into.. and a question..

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wazza

Hi Mike. I too have a BHB Dirt-Devil. I was wondering if you still have it? Regards Carl
Hi all, I also have a BHB Dirt Devil, it's been a good machine for the 7 years ive had it, but recently blew a hyd hose from pump to drive motor, fitted new hose & machine worked well for about 2 minutes then lost steering, everything else works normally apart from the steering, knowing nothing about hydraulics I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions where to start looking for the problem.....cheers wazza

Cooee

Hi all, I also have a BHB Dirt Devil, it's been a good machine for the 7 years ive had it, but recently blew a hyd hose from pump to drive motor, fitted new hose & machine worked well for about 2 minutes then lost steering, everything else works normally apart from the steering, knowing nothing about hydraulics I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions where to start looking for the problem.....cheers wazza
Hi wazza ...another dirt devil owner here ... yeah do you have power to either of the wheel motors ...sounds like there may have been something in the new hose that may have gone into the distributor on the wheel motor ..I have both of my wheel motors out at the moment ...the internal spline on one is completly shagged ...waiting for some news on two new ones ...rito all the best

Cooee

Hi wazza ...another dirt devil owner here ... yeah do you have power to either of the wheel motors ...sounds like there may have been something in the new hose that may have gone into the distributor on the wheel motor ..I have both of my wheel motors out at the moment ...the internal spline on one is completly shagged ...waiting for some news on two new ones ...rito all the best
Hey there Gremlin ..Springvale..Elecman..Wazza... a fellow BHB Dirtdevil owner here ...any of you blokes have the service / repair manuals for the D/Ds ... Rang R.C.R in WA and never got a reply from them ...would appreciate being able to photo copy and return asap ..happy to pay any postage / handling...Regards Cooee ....I'm in the Lockyer Valley ...

OP
OP
G

Gremlin

Hey there Gremlin ..Springvale..Elecman..Wazza... a fellow BHB Dirtdevil owner here ...any of you blokes have the service / repair manuals for the D/Ds ... Rang R.C.R in WA and never got a reply from them ...would appreciate being able to photo copy and return asap ..happy to pay any postage / handling...Regards Cooee ....I'm in the Lockyer Valley ...
So guys, whats a average price for a Dirt Devil, with sand bucket, 3 in one bucket and a backhoe attachment worth to sell? All in average condition.

wazza

Hi Cooee, I have the service/repair manuals for the Dirt Devil, my machine is in being repaired atm and mechanic has manuals but as soon as I get it back I would be happy to photo copy and post to u...

Cooee

Hi Cooee, I have the service/repair manuals for the Dirt Devil, my machine is in being repaired atm and mechanic has manuals but as soon as I get it back I would be happy to photo copy and post to u...
Good'o wazza thanks for your reply ...would simplify many things if I had a schematic of the hydraulic circut ... have two new wheel motors arriving this (maybe next ) week from o/s ... hoping to fit another hydraulic filter on the return to keep it all a little cleaner ... much appreciated ....no idea how to send you my details, if you have any suggests please let me know...Thanks Again

Dippy

Hi Folks, I was reading your forum with interest and I too would be interested in buying/loaning the workshop manual for the infamous Dirt Devil, we too have one having a "go slow" with the Hydraulics, any help or advice appreciated, Cheers dippy.

Cooee

Hi Folks, I was reading your forum with interest and I too would be interested in buying/loaning the workshop manual for the infamous Dirt Devil, we too have one having a "go slow" with the Hydraulics, any help or advice appreciated, Cheers dippy.
Hi there Dippy ...I dont have the manuals ...was hoping to hear back from Wazza ...Maybe another BHB owner will help one day . He may have sold his machine ...who knows? ... There is a simple check you can do to test your motors ... Support the machine with the wheels off the ground ...Run the case drain hoses into a bucket and see how much oil is bypassing with no load on them . I did this and discovered the right hand motor was bleeding badly.. removed the motor and discovered the seals in the distributor had collapsed ...The biggest problem was the internal spline in the motor was flogged out ( not repairable ) ...The internals of both motors were like new ...also found the cage on one of the bearings on the intermediate shaft had collapsed ..Lucky to find that before it did any damage .. The splines on the int shaft were flogged as well ..built them up and had them remachined...It appears the was no lube put on those shafts when they were installed originally... I'm asuming the go slow with the machine is the travel speed .. not your auxillerys .. I have the serial no's for changing the motors out to larger cc's ..My machine runs a little slower now (not much ) but has more grunt ... also lowered the pump cartridges from 5000 psi to 3500 ...hopefully the system is under a bit less stress now ...If you are happy to send me an email add or phone no I'd be happy to talk further with you ...or through skidsteer forum ....

Cooee

Hi there Dippy ...I dont have the manuals ...was hoping to hear back from Wazza ...Maybe another BHB owner will help one day . He may have sold his machine ...who knows? ... There is a simple check you can do to test your motors ... Support the machine with the wheels off the ground ...Run the case drain hoses into a bucket and see how much oil is bypassing with no load on them . I did this and discovered the right hand motor was bleeding badly.. removed the motor and discovered the seals in the distributor had collapsed ...The biggest problem was the internal spline in the motor was flogged out ( not repairable ) ...The internals of both motors were like new ...also found the cage on one of the bearings on the intermediate shaft had collapsed ..Lucky to find that before it did any damage .. The splines on the int shaft were flogged as well ..built them up and had them remachined...It appears the was no lube put on those shafts when they were installed originally... I'm asuming the go slow with the machine is the travel speed .. not your auxillerys .. I have the serial no's for changing the motors out to larger cc's ..My machine runs a little slower now (not much ) but has more grunt ... also lowered the pump cartridges from 5000 psi to 3500 ...hopefully the system is under a bit less stress now ...If you are happy to send me an email add or phone no I'd be happy to talk further with you ...or through skidsteer forum ....
Hey Dippy ... I spoke with Tazza on the phone and he suggested (if you prefer ) if you look up his profile and email him he will be happy to forward my email or send me yours ...Regards..

wazza

Hey Dippy ... I spoke with Tazza on the phone and he suggested (if you prefer ) if you look up his profile and email him he will be happy to forward my email or send me yours ...Regards..
Hi all, im looking for a drive wheel motor for a BHB Dirt Devil, does anyone have one for sale or know where i can get one?

Cooee

Hi all, im looking for a drive wheel motor for a BHB Dirt Devil, does anyone have one for sale or know where i can get one?
Big Thanks to Tazza Our moderator down under was able to put me in touch with Wazza who was chasing some parts for a BHB . Parts being sent to him this week so hope he gets up and running ....Cheers Tazza

OP
OP
G

Gremlin

The forum would not let me post first time around, anyway.. I sold my BHB Dirt Devil 3 years ago and 2 months ago I corrected that mistake, I now own Fritz II and am a happy man again. If i remember correctly the little sight gauge on the right rear is the only way of checking oil level for the hydraulics is that correct? If so I am in dire need of some 68 fluid for the unit. Mike.

Cooee

The forum would not let me post first time around, anyway.. I sold my BHB Dirt Devil 3 years ago and 2 months ago I corrected that mistake, I now own Fritz II and am a happy man again. If i remember correctly the little sight gauge on the right rear is the only way of checking oil level for the hydraulics is that correct? If so I am in dire need of some 68 fluid for the unit. Mike.
Hi Gremlin .. Is Fritz 11 a BHB ? Yes thats right about checking hyd oil level. I think they take about 150-175 litres . There is also a suction screen behind round plate which is located behind right hand rear wheel . Screen should be checked if you have had any system failures .. I put a heavy - strong magnet on the inside of round cover plate ..Hoping it picks up some of the fines Cheers

OP
OP
G

Gremlin

Hi Gremlin .. Is Fritz 11 a BHB ? Yes thats right about checking hyd oil level. I think they take about 150-175 litres . There is also a suction screen behind round plate which is located behind right hand rear wheel . Screen should be checked if you have had any system failures .. I put a heavy - strong magnet on the inside of round cover plate ..Hoping it picks up some of the fines Cheers
Yes its the identical twin of the first one i had. I was so impressed by its performance I went for the same machine. Currently I am doing maintenance on it , I have been using it to level out a 400sqm block of land ready to moving my workshop from the back of the land up to the front. Last week I built a 2x2 meter smudge bar/levelling bar to help level the ground off for both my shed slab and for a slab for the vehicle hoist. I also have plans for 15 ton of either road base or decomposed granite for the driveway and parking area. These plans are currently on hold as Fritz has lost the ability to go backwards. I thought it might be due to lack of oil, so fixed a few leaks and checked things over that i thought it might be. I refilled the oil tank with 68 hydro oil and it took about 38 litres to fill the sight glass. Just got off the machine after trying out the level bar and still very very weak in reverse. I have to hold it hard to the left and tempt it to reverse. I do not know if its a drive motor, although it goes forwards fine and turn left or right, or if its a control valve thats not functioning properly. Somewhere i had a manual for the hydraulics for the first BHB I will try and find it, if i did not give it to the guy that bought the first one. Mike.

Cooee

Yes its the identical twin of the first one i had. I was so impressed by its performance I went for the same machine. Currently I am doing maintenance on it , I have been using it to level out a 400sqm block of land ready to moving my workshop from the back of the land up to the front. Last week I built a 2x2 meter smudge bar/levelling bar to help level the ground off for both my shed slab and for a slab for the vehicle hoist. I also have plans for 15 ton of either road base or decomposed granite for the driveway and parking area. These plans are currently on hold as Fritz has lost the ability to go backwards. I thought it might be due to lack of oil, so fixed a few leaks and checked things over that i thought it might be. I refilled the oil tank with 68 hydro oil and it took about 38 litres to fill the sight glass. Just got off the machine after trying out the level bar and still very very weak in reverse. I have to hold it hard to the left and tempt it to reverse. I do not know if its a drive motor, although it goes forwards fine and turn left or right, or if its a control valve thats not functioning properly. Somewhere i had a manual for the hydraulics for the first BHB I will try and find it, if i did not give it to the guy that bought the first one. Mike.
Hi Gremlin Sure would be keen to know what you come up with there....could be bypassing in servo cylinders or as you say the control valve...Keep us posted on that one Cheers

OP
OP
G

Gremlin

Hi Gremlin Sure would be keen to know what you come up with there....could be bypassing in servo cylinders or as you say the control valve...Keep us posted on that one Cheers
I desperately need a schematic, I have no clue where to start. without that diagram its going to be impossible to troubleshoot with my limited knowledge of BHB units. Mike PS Open to reasonable suggestions.

Cooee

I desperately need a schematic, I have no clue where to start. without that diagram its going to be impossible to troubleshoot with my limited knowledge of BHB units. Mike PS Open to reasonable suggestions.
Hi Gremlin If the wheel motors are performing as usual in Forward direction I'd be checking Servo Cylinders for leakage / Lugs on Pintel shaft arent loose / and the control valve The control valve should be a Parker SER no 05058958 MOD VRC291R200 . Thats the no on mine ..All enquiries to this point have led me to believe they are obsolete from Parker , The Square seals are also a Parker part and are also obsolete according to the hydraulic shop I deal with Hope someone can prove me wrong O Rings dont seem to cut the mustard in that application Mine are leaking again

OP
OP
G

Gremlin

Hi Gremlin If the wheel motors are performing as usual in Forward direction I'd be checking Servo Cylinders for leakage / Lugs on Pintel shaft arent loose / and the control valve The control valve should be a Parker SER no 05058958 MOD VRC291R200 . Thats the no on mine ..All enquiries to this point have led me to believe they are obsolete from Parker , The Square seals are also a Parker part and are also obsolete according to the hydraulic shop I deal with Hope someone can prove me wrong O Rings dont seem to cut the mustard in that application Mine are leaking again
I am away from home right now, but the day before i left I stripped most of the removal panels off the bhb and power washed all the dirt out from the centre section. There was a LOT of dirt in there. What i found so far is the lift / crowd pump has a small leak where the top valve rod goes in for the bucket lock control, hoping thats just an o ring under the top plate. Also found the pins that conect the lever to the drop rods are worn and very sloppy. looks like they need drilling to the next size and larger pins fitting. as far as the two servo rams go, both were/are loose on thier mounting brackets. they look like they only move 1-1.5 inches in normal operation, the one connected to the front lever of the main pump has easy 1/2"back forth movement on its tie down bracket at the end. The bolt is tight so its the mounting hardware that is allowing the cylinder to slop back and forth. That i will fix when I get home, even if i have to turn new hardware on the lathe. What you refer too as the Parker control valve is the one under the "T" control handle yes? Also i noticed this only has two large drive motors on the front wheels, basket ball sized things inside the main frame. So I take it there is some kind of drive chain inside the frame front to back? If so does it need oil, and if it was low on oil could it be part of the slow reverse? cheers.. Mike.

Cooee

I am away from home right now, but the day before i left I stripped most of the removal panels off the bhb and power washed all the dirt out from the centre section. There was a LOT of dirt in there. What i found so far is the lift / crowd pump has a small leak where the top valve rod goes in for the bucket lock control, hoping thats just an o ring under the top plate. Also found the pins that conect the lever to the drop rods are worn and very sloppy. looks like they need drilling to the next size and larger pins fitting. as far as the two servo rams go, both were/are loose on thier mounting brackets. they look like they only move 1-1.5 inches in normal operation, the one connected to the front lever of the main pump has easy 1/2"back forth movement on its tie down bracket at the end. The bolt is tight so its the mounting hardware that is allowing the cylinder to slop back and forth. That i will fix when I get home, even if i have to turn new hardware on the lathe. What you refer too as the Parker control valve is the one under the "T" control handle yes? Also i noticed this only has two large drive motors on the front wheels, basket ball sized things inside the main frame. So I take it there is some kind of drive chain inside the frame front to back? If so does it need oil, and if it was low on oil could it be part of the slow reverse? cheers.. Mike.
Hi Gremlin second attempt to post first one was lengthy and didnt launch 1 ..Servo Rams are anchored to bracket with a spherical bearing ....it could be floggged out ...Valve under T Bar is a Pilot control valve ....it tells the servo rams what to do ..IE, Fwd Rev Left Right ..It activates the Pintel shaft in pump ..2 Front wheel motors drive rear wheel hub via a chain thru chain case ...if your machine travels forward ok then i doubt the problem is there .Chain case takes about 5 litres HD gear oil Diff oil each side .. FYI Dont take the round plate off behind rear wheel ....it will dump all hydraulic out ..There is a round plate between wheels ,,,thats where i check and renew oil thru there .....Bucket control valve is a real B to get out and work on ...Reattaching the hoses when they are old is a real HEAD F .....I;M happy for you to contact Tazza and get my Email add .can send photos that way cant seem to do it here ...All the Best