JCB and Over the wheel tracks?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

foton

put a straight edge over the tires and measure the gap with the door open, then you have the info. that will help determine if they will fit or not with the manf. of the track system you choose. look at other areas on the machine for clearance problems including possibly for the need for offset rims.

OP
OP
M

madtowneast

put a straight edge over the tires and measure the gap with the door open, then you have the info. that will help determine if they will fit or not with the manf. of the track system you choose. look at other areas on the machine for clearance problems including possibly for the need for offset rims.
I haven't bought a machine yet. I am shopping and trying to see if I would have to go to a tracked machine if I choose JCB.

foton

I was looking at the jcbs the other day, if you are going with a cab machine the side door would be a avantage getting in and out with the bucket raised. but ouch the cost. I have a jcb backhoe and it has been a good machine thru the years that I have owned it.

OP
OP
M

madtowneast

I was looking at the jcbs the other day, if you are going with a cab machine the side door would be a avantage getting in and out the with the bucket raised. but ouch the cost. I have a jcb backhoe and it has been a good machine thru the years that I have owned it.
The used JCB machines (if you can find one) are comparable to price to others. The other ones with getting and our with the arms raised are Kubota or Takeuchi with the top opening doors. But sitting in the Kubota, I am a little worried my head would hit the glass (I am tall) if I were to have an air ride seat.