873 timing belt replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I have a 1999 873 with 1450 hrs. It has the deutz engine. While picking up some parts @ the dealer, I went ahead and got a timing belt kit. What is the recommended time interval for changing the belt? I have access to the 2 timing pins I need to lock down the pulleys. Does anybody have a write-up on how to do this, or should I let a mechanic do this? I don'[t have any manuals, but I read something online about a belt tensioner that you need to check tension. Thanks for any help.

wd2011

I just got done completely rebuilding my 873 engine. The interval on the timing belt is listed at 3000 hours or every 5 years. But from what I have heard and read you are lucky if you make it that long on these engines. I have the write up on it. If you update your profile to list your email I can email it to you. The belt tensioner will definitely help to get it in spec. I didn't use one. If you have done your share of belt replacements and know the difference between too tight and too loose you can probably get by without it. The pins are definitely a must though.

bobbie-g

I just got done completely rebuilding my 873 engine. The interval on the timing belt is listed at 3000 hours or every 5 years. But from what I have heard and read you are lucky if you make it that long on these engines. I have the write up on it. If you update your profile to list your email I can email it to you. The belt tensioner will definitely help to get it in spec. I didn't use one. If you have done your share of belt replacements and know the difference between too tight and too loose you can probably get by without it. The pins are definitely a must though.
Could you also email that procedure to RMGHORM at gmail.com? Email adr in my profile is current. Tnx, ---Bobbie G

Yurrenmomma

Hey WD, do you mind sending that timing belt write up to yurrenmomma at hotmail.com? I have the same machine and working through a fuel problem-shutoff solenoid or relay. It's time for the timing belt, but I am not sure if I can do it my self. Thanks, Tom

wd2011

Hey WD, do you mind sending that timing belt write up to yurrenmomma at hotmail.com? I have the same machine and working through a fuel problem-shutoff solenoid or relay. It's time for the timing belt, but I am not sure if I can do it my self. Thanks, Tom
Hey sorry for the delay in response. I am trying to locate my write up on it. I believe I left it on my work computer, so I will attempt to get that to you tomorrow.