873 no engine oil pressure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I started getting an engine low oil pressure alarm on my 1999 873 withd the deutz bf4m1011f engine. So I immediately removed the sender and installed a gauge. It showed no oil pressure no matter what rpm it's running. I have checked to make sure the timing by is turning the oil pump and it is. It barely pumps oil out of the hose I have the pressure gauge on. I can put my finger over the end of the hose and hold the oil back. I spoke to my mechanic and he said they've had problems with the plastic on the dipstick breaking off and clogging up the ports where the relief springs and seats are located. So I went to look at my dipstick and sure enough there are a few little pieces of plastic that has broken off. I removed the 4 ports on the flywheel end of the engine and found 2 of them had a piece of plastic from the dipstick on the seat. After cleaning them out, I now have around 5 psi oil pressure no matter what rpm. What should I check now? There is still some more plastic in there somewhere according to what's missing off the dipstick. I wonder if my pump is bad? Thanks for any help.