853 charge pump psi

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sctydog

Hello, I plumped a gauge into the fitting where the charge pump pressure switch is . I am only reading 25psi . Does anybody know what pressure I should be reading, or the specs on the charge pump switch. Thank you

OldMachinist

I'm sorry, 1995 Bobcat 853
The 853 is one I don't have a service manual for, so I edited the subject line of the post so that maybe someone with that manual will answer.
Most machine around that size run 175- 200 psi.

OP
OP
S

sctydog

The 853 is one I don't have a service manual for, so I edited the subject line of the post so that maybe someone with that manual will answer.
Most machine around that size run 175- 200 psi.
I have about 60 psi at full throttle. Can the hydra motors be damaged by pulling the bobcat around with or without the hoses being connected. I have no movement when the sticks are moved. The only thing I havent gone thru yet are the motors.

cnord

I have about 60 psi at full throttle. Can the hydra motors be damaged by pulling the bobcat around with or without the hoses being connected. I have no movement when the sticks are moved. The only thing I havent gone thru yet are the motors.
There are about three different pumps that were used, could you specify your serial number?

OldMachinist

There are about three different pumps that were used, could you specify your serial number?
You can pull the machine very slowly and not hurt anything. If the hoses are off the motors you'll want make sure no dirt gets in them.

cnord

Thanks for all the replies, serial #5128-16479.
With your serial number break, your charge relief setting is set at 230 psi. So for the most part your charge pressure should not be too much lower than that for your pump to work decent.