763G Traction Lock Problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SpaceCase614

I used to get the 15-03 error code (Traction Lock Pull Coil Error Off) and what I found was that it was always blowing the 30A traction fuse. Didn't happen all that often, twice in about 6 months. Now in the past 4 days I've popped it 4 times, twice today, and the code this last time changed from 15-03 to 15-02 (Traction Lock Pull Coil Error On). What is the difference between these two codes? Now when I plug in a fuse I hear the clunk then the fuse immediately pops. Even with the key off. So right now the bobcat is stuck in my yard and I can't move it. Is it the pull coil that is bad? I popped the cab open and can't see anything obvious electrically that would cause a short or anything. I don't know where the coil is though to check it out more thoroughly. There is the 30A fuse and a relay both labeled Traction. The 15-03 always fixed easily, when it popped earlier today I replaced the fuse and was good for another couple hours. I just got done setting my hottub back on my deck when it popped again and threw the 15-02 and that's when it blew the fuse as soon as I put it in. Help! :(

OldMachinist

The traction lock coil is on the middle chaincase cover.
It sounds like you have a short in the wiring or the relay. Try pulling the relay for the traction lock and then put in a new fuse. If it still blows the short is between the fuse block and the relay socket. If it doesn't blow pull the relay for the lights and put it in the traction relay location and check the fuse. If all is good the relay was bad.

OP
OP
SpaceCase614

SpaceCase614

It sounds like you have a short in the wiring or the relay. Try pulling the relay for the traction lock and then put in a new fuse. If it still blows the short is between the fuse block and the relay socket. If it doesn't blow pull the relay for the lights and put it in the traction relay location and check the fuse. If all is good the relay was bad.
I will try that with the relay tonight when I get home. I have to pick up another pack of fuses because that used my last one last night. Is the relay just a standard 30A relay? Those I have a bunch of from my air system on my truck.

OP
OP
SpaceCase614

SpaceCase614

Sorry it took so long for me to get back on here. It did turn out to be the relay, everything is working perfectly on it now. :) Thank you for your diagnostic help in determining what it was and how to test each.

lutefisk

Sorry it took so long for me to get back on here. It did turn out to be the relay, everything is working perfectly on it now. :) Thank you for your diagnostic help in determining what it was and how to test each.
I am having the same problem on my 773G. SIts in front of my garage and snow is coming. I followed the line of reasoning set out but even though I swapped the relays the fuse still blows. What is the next step. I have lifted the cab but no obvious wear marks on wiring. Thanks for the help.