traction lock

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lee c

I have a bob cat 763 series f skid steer.The traction lock will engage at any given time under any circumstance,high rpm, low rpm,just starting or after prolong use,it may engage 3 to 4 times in a matter of five minutes and then nothing for two to three days.All parts pertaining to such have been replaced except the controller( behind seat right side ) any thoughts ?

brdgbldr

Sounds like you have an electrical short. Look for anywhere that the wire harness may have a rub through.

brdgbldr

You just have to follow the harness and look for any spots that may have rubbed through or gotten pinched.

Pay close attention to where the harness is tied down. These spots wear through the harness just from vibration.

This is just where I would start looking. Also, while you are at it, make sure that your battery connections and grounding points are clean and tight. A bad connection can cause all sorts of codes to come up since the voltage will change.

oiu789

Check the safety switches ie seat switch, safety bar switch and traction lock switch.

daytona701

Never did find out why traction lock was engaging. I removed the locking pin and made a cover for the opening. I then put a piece of tape over the blinking indicator light on the overhead panel.
I inspected the harness, replaced the seat bar sensor, cleaned and replaced all relays and fuses at the panel below the seat and replaced the crankshaft speed sensor. If the crankshaft speed sensor was going bad it would tell the computer the engine wasn't running and engage the traction lock.
Also have a oil light indicator that stays on despite having a fresh engine oil/filter change, new Bobcat oil pressure sensor and plumbing a oil pressure gauge that shows 60 psi at startup and drops slightly as engine warms up. Ended up unplugging oil pressure sensor to disable warning alarm and automatic engine shutdown.
Also have a new issue that after sitting for some days machine starts, runs rough for a minute and stops. Pumping the fuel bulb by hand clears the issue.
I suspect a computer problem causing the electrical issues. The machine has about 1100 hours.

gearbox

FYI i had a 753F in the shop for 3 months with the traction control would release with the lap bar up but would lock up when you put the bar down . I had 20year Bobcat tech help and had a retired J D field tech . Gave up and pulled the solenoid and locked the brake off all the time . If anyone figures out the F BOSS or BICS let us know because I replaced the controller cut the wire looms open chased the grounds for 3 months . It's not in my nature to give up but this one i gave up . how do you even charge someone for all the hours

haymaker

how do you even charge someone for all the hours

I know right.
But the dealer closest to me would, so if I need dealer service I go to the dealer in Quad Cities 100 miles away instead of the one 10 miles away.