Bobcat 873 traction lock

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MTMechanic22

I got a bobcat 873f series here that I've been dealing with for sometime now. Originally it started with the entire brake system in a ton of pieces at the bottom of the chain case. After all was put back together with new parts I couldn't get the solenoid to disengage the brake lock. I've been through just about every wire doing continuity checks, voltage checks etc. the traction lock light is not flashing since I repinned the bics plug. Also the bics is brand new out the box because I figured it would fix the issue. I've checked the boss and it's connections. Finally I thought I had figured that the rpm sensor was the culprit since the bics needs to see a signal from that sensor. Replaced it and tested both old and new with a scope. They seem to be working fine but still no signal. I've checked for voltage and continuity between the sensor, bics and boss. I was reading a forum on this site saying the control module in the left frame can go bad. I just need to confirm my suspicions because at this point there is no other likely cause. If someone has dealt with this issue please help me out!

gearbox

If its the same as the 753 F that controler is only for aux hydraulic . 2 plugs a relay

mossyrock

I got a bobcat 873f series here that I've been dealing with for sometime now. Originally it started with the entire brake system in a ton of pieces at the bottom of the chain case. After all was put back together with new parts I couldn't get the solenoid to disengage the brake lock. I've been through just about every wire doing continuity checks, voltage checks etc. the traction lock light is not flashing since I repinned the bics plug. Also the bics is brand new out the box because I figured it would fix the issue. I've checked the boss and it's connections. Finally I thought I had figured that the rpm sensor was the culprit since the bics needs to see a signal from that sensor. Replaced it and tested both old and new with a scope. They seem to be working fine but still no signal. I've checked for voltage and continuity between the sensor, bics and boss. I was reading a forum on this site saying the control module in the left frame can go bad. I just need to confirm my suspicions because at this point there is no other likely cause. If someone has dealt with this issue please help me out!
I have almost the exact same problem with my 863 did you ever solve this?