763 bobcat Grapple open but not close

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chuyn

grapple open's but doesnt close I have a 2003 763 bobcat i just bought it im having a problem with the grapple . opens but does not close make hydraulics sounds when u rock the switch the other way to close the bucket I need a pic of the locación of the auxiliary selenoids Thank you

Tazza

Staff member
Lift the cab, the control block is on the left, look for two solenoids that look the same on the top. These should be the ones for the aux hydraulics.
The stem may be stuck making it not close, try swapping them over and see if the issue moves, if so the issue is the stem.

7LBSSMALLIE

Lift the cab, the control block is on the left, look for two solenoids that look the same on the top. These should be the ones for the aux hydraulics.
The stem may be stuck making it not close, try swapping them over and see if the issue moves, if so the issue is the stem.
also of note is a grapple install requires a port relief in base end of of aux port at hyd control valve. this limits clamping pressure so you don't jack cyls or tines if it sticks open will limit clamp pressure

OP
OP
C

chuyn

also of note is a grapple install requires a port relief in base end of of aux port at hyd control valve. this limits clamping pressure so you don't jack cyls or tines if it sticks open will limit clamp pressure
Thank you

Jcantrell35

I have a bobcat with a grapple bucket on it it runs fun but the hydrolocs going to the grapple bucket are messing up when I open the claws and let off the trigger they will close by their self and when I shut them they will open by them selves it's like the pump going to them never quits going does anyone know what this could be?

Tazza

Staff member
I have a bobcat with a grapple bucket on it it runs fun but the hydrolocs going to the grapple bucket are messing up when I open the claws and let off the trigger they will close by their self and when I shut them they will open by them selves it's like the pump going to them never quits going does anyone know what this could be?
I guess it could be the aux hydraulics are leaking a little that are opening the grapple slowly.
Do they open or simply not hold the load?