763 auxillary hydraulic problems - please help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

boomtruck1

I have a 763 that on the auxillary hydraulics, it will open my four-in-one bucket but it will not close. I have changed spools, I have changed the coils from one to the other, it still opens but will not close. Bobcat replaced seals in valve body, said everything looks good but they can't figure out why it won't close. If I switch the hoses, the bucket will close but it will not open. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Tazza

Staff member
Ok, you changed the stems, the parts that screw into the control block right?
Did you not only swap coils, but swap cables? This way you know one coil and stem works, move that coil/stem to the other side and the same switch on the lever should operate the other direction.
If you have done all this, it sounds like your aux spool in the control block is stuck. From what i understand of the control block setup is that the small stems move a little oil to move a spool to let the oil flow. These little stems do not move all the oil directally.
With both coils off the stems, put a screw driver in the hole, turn the key, enable the aux hydraulics and operate them, see if they both power up, you can feel the screwdriver pull a bit. Even check with a test light. Just make sure the switch/controller is giving power.

Bobcatdan

Ok, you changed the stems, the parts that screw into the control block right?
Did you not only swap coils, but swap cables? This way you know one coil and stem works, move that coil/stem to the other side and the same switch on the lever should operate the other direction.
If you have done all this, it sounds like your aux spool in the control block is stuck. From what i understand of the control block setup is that the small stems move a little oil to move a spool to let the oil flow. These little stems do not move all the oil directally.
With both coils off the stems, put a screw driver in the hole, turn the key, enable the aux hydraulics and operate them, see if they both power up, you can feel the screwdriver pull a bit. Even check with a test light. Just make sure the switch/controller is giving power.
If it is electrical problem, it should set a code, F or G series. No code, it would almost would have to be with the strem. Sounds like you have looked already, but most of the times something like this, the nut came loose and the coil fell off the stem.

Des

Have you tried changing the quick couplings,If they are not the same type or are damaged then one coupling can work as a check valve , letting oil flow one way and not the other.

OP
OP
B

boomtruck1

Sorry it has taken so long to get back on here, I still have the same problem just been too busy to work on it. I have changed out the stems for brand new ones and I did switch the old stems around and switched the new ones. Switched the coils around also, no change. I do have voltage at the coil, I can feel it click but does not do anything. The Bobcat mechanic showed me the spool is free in both directions. He has NO CLUE what it is, he wants to get me a complete valve instead of helping me figure out what it could be. Again any help would be appreciated.

7LBSSMALLIE

Sorry it has taken so long to get back on here, I still have the same problem just been too busy to work on it. I have changed out the stems for brand new ones and I did switch the old stems around and switched the new ones. Switched the coils around also, no change. I do have voltage at the coil, I can feel it click but does not do anything. The Bobcat mechanic showed me the spool is free in both directions. He has NO CLUE what it is, he wants to get me a complete valve instead of helping me figure out what it could be. Again any help would be appreciated.
running a four in one it is quite possibl that a aux port releif is installed, (as reccomened for 4in 1 and grapples> probally stuck.

7LBSSMALLIE

running a four in one it is quite possibl that a aux port releif is installed, (as reccomened for 4in 1 and grapples> probally stuck.
note this option not factory installed but installed by dealer, dollar to a dougnut this is issue..(i do like donuts)

Tazza

Staff member
note this option not factory installed but installed by dealer, dollar to a dougnut this is issue..(i do like donuts)
How did he show you the spool was free in both directions? Did he/you remove the caps from the control block and check the springs and that it is free to move either direction?
I'm not hating the idea of the relief valve either. If it's fitted and has something stuck in it, it won't give you any real pressure in one direction, still i'd have expected it to close, just without good power.

OP
OP
B

boomtruck1

Thanks for the help I only have a cap there so your saying I need to get a relief valve. I will get one and give it a try with an update.

OP
OP
B

boomtruck1

Thanks for the help I only have a cap there so your saying I need to get a relief valve. I will get one and give it a try with an update.
Thanks for the help. I called Bobcat today to get a relief and they dont have one said they will let me talk to a tech I told him the same stuff he said he has to research it. My question is where on my valve would I look for the relief valve so I can remove it . clean and reistall. What I called the plug that see is. looking down on the valve between the stems is this plug. So I may have a relief just need to find the location.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the help. I called Bobcat today to get a relief and they dont have one said they will let me talk to a tech I told him the same stuff he said he has to research it. My question is where on my valve would I look for the relief valve so I can remove it . clean and reistall. What I called the plug that see is. looking down on the valve between the stems is this plug. So I may have a relief just need to find the location.
I'm not fully convinced you have a relief in there. It sounds like the spool is not moving correctly.... Even with a bad relief, i would have expected the cylinder to move the other way too, but with less force.

OP
OP
B

boomtruck1

I'm not fully convinced you have a relief in there. It sounds like the spool is not moving correctly.... Even with a bad relief, i would have expected the cylinder to move the other way too, but with less force.
Found time today to work on my problem, I took the end caps off both sides of the auxillary spool and it was free both ways then I noticed the washers on the spool looked different so I removed them turned them around so they fit the springs. Put it back together try it and it dead heads both ways. Put my 4 n 1 on and works like a champ. Thanks for everyones help.

Tazza

Staff member
Found time today to work on my problem, I took the end caps off both sides of the auxillary spool and it was free both ways then I noticed the washers on the spool looked different so I removed them turned them around so they fit the springs. Put it back together try it and it dead heads both ways. Put my 4 n 1 on and works like a champ. Thanks for everyones help.
Awesome, i wonder if it was messed up when it was first put together. All that matters is that it works now. Nice pickup on the washers.

Latest posts