753 trouble code help needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hellion

my 753 shut down completely, showing trouble code ''6055'' on hour meter...light is dim and vision not great but thats what it looks like anyway......have run it hard for several hours yesterday and several more today with no problem...my 9 yr old son wanted to ride so i idled around about 15 minutes letting him push brush to the PILE.........shortly after resuming throttle up work it shut down...will immediatly restart..would run for anywhere between 2 and 25 minutes before shutting down again...each time showing same code...this went on about 2 hours before i quit...fuel/oil/water checking okay...any help would be MUCH appreciated...THANKS..HH..

skidsteer.ca

Here http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=12284
Is a previous post on Bobcat trouble codes for F series and older.
If you machine has triangle shaped head lights its is a G series. I believe the codes should be two letters and 2 numbers.
ie HP01 would be hydraulic pressure and 01 is shutdown
The engine should only shutdown for oil pressure, hyd pressure or water temp
Often a bad sender tells the engine something is out of range when it is not and causes a shutdown.
Ken

thetool

I believe what you have is an F-series B.O.S.S. machine. That stands for Bobcat Operation Something System =) and you're seeing the LCD word b-o-s-s and not code 6055.
When the system powers up it initially dsplays b-o-s-s, and if it won't start, you have a problem not related to the system, or at least not monitored by it.
Check your starter, keyswitch, etc. and don't get distracted right now by the 6055 code=).
Good Luck