773 F wiring help needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sundown57

working on an early 773 f series. I'm not getting juice to the brake solenoid. and the traction light is flashing slow and steadily. When i jump the relay the selenoid does engauge. does any one have a wiring diagram for the older 773 without boss system?

billyb

working on an early 773 f series. I'm not getting juice to the brake solenoid. and the traction light is flashing slow and steadily. When i jump the relay the selenoid does engauge. does any one have a wiring diagram for the older 773 without boss system?
Do you realize the brake solenoid requires power from 2 sources? 3 wire solenoid. 1 wire is ground. 1 wire is ign power used to hold solenoid in once engaged and the 3rd wire is to pull the solenoid in. The brake solenoid will not engage if you have an issue with other safety items such as seat sensor if it has one and seat bar

OP
OP
S

sundown57

im aware of the 3 wire setup. I couldn't figure out where it got power from for the third wire.

billyb

im aware of the 3 wire setup. I couldn't figure out where it got power from for the third wire.
Possibly the module with the green lights beside the seat on the back panel. RH side sitting in seat. I just changed one a couple weeks ago for a customer. Trac lock light did not come on until I changed it. Beware if that is your issue. With or without seat sensor are different module part #'s

OP
OP
S

sundown57

I actually got it working somewhat today. turns out the connections on the control module were corroded. every thing now is working except the over ride

billyb

Good !! The one I just changed failed I think because someone tossing a piece of steel tube behind the seat on a regular basis forced the power supply wire to the module down out of the little tabs holding it in. This resulted in an intermittent power supply causing the module to fail. Orange wire I believe
Possibly the module with the green lights beside the seat on the back panel. RH side sitting in seat. I just changed one a couple weeks ago for a customer. Trac lock light did not come on until I changed it. Beware if that is your issue. With or without seat sensor are different module part #'s