753 carrier swap

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

digsalot

Don't believe the story about swapping the oil pan and flywheel and your good to go. It will run like that . I have the pan swapped, exhaust manifold and front gear case/cover. swapped the throttle lever on top of the pump. To use the original throttle setup required the front cover change. hope it works. Also the crank pulley is different size. Spring setup inside the governor was different. Used the DI setup and hope it works. Used the IDI big spring because I broke the original one. Old cover requires the old style stop solenoid. Just as I was bolting all this up I realized the air intake is backwards. Hope they swap between a IDI and a DI engine. So much for easy.

Tazza

Staff member
Wow, you sure did have more of a job that it shold have been.
I knew the biggest parts that need swapping were sump and fly wheel. I did think that the throttle parts may need changing, as for a reefer engine, you have a throttle up solenoid for when it needs to pump, then back to idle when it's at set point.
I hope it works as it should when you fire it up.

OP
OP
D

digsalot

Wow, you sure did have more of a job that it shold have been.
I knew the biggest parts that need swapping were sump and fly wheel. I did think that the throttle parts may need changing, as for a reefer engine, you have a throttle up solenoid for when it needs to pump, then back to idle when it's at set point.
I hope it works as it should when you fire it up.
well it runs. using a governor spring for a S130. The new intake works also. I tried to use the old orings on the front cover. no oil pressure because one didn't seal. since oil pressure uses a idiot light I'm using a Chevrolet sending unit. chevy is $5 bobcat is $60. Its just a low pressure on and off setup so should work fine. Waiting on gear case gaskets and orings. Hope my duplex pump rebuild works. Havent put it on the ground yet but the tires go round and round. my charge pressure is up also. Tazza those pits I had in the valve plates are caused by cavitation. Those 4 pins in the rotating assembly were fun to.

Tazza

Staff member
well it runs. using a governor spring for a S130. The new intake works also. I tried to use the old orings on the front cover. no oil pressure because one didn't seal. since oil pressure uses a idiot light I'm using a Chevrolet sending unit. chevy is $5 bobcat is $60. Its just a low pressure on and off setup so should work fine. Waiting on gear case gaskets and orings. Hope my duplex pump rebuild works. Havent put it on the ground yet but the tires go round and round. my charge pressure is up also. Tazza those pits I had in the valve plates are caused by cavitation. Those 4 pins in the rotating assembly were fun to.
Glad it's running.
Cavetation can cause major damage, i never thought bubbles could erode steel, but it does.