1990 743 motor carrier seal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Duke07

Milky fluid in the chain case, I'll drain and clean the reservoir the best I can and refill. Although there appears to be no hydraulic fluid leaking down into the chain case, my question is should I take the time to go further since the chain case will be drained? For me the answer has always been to take the time and effort to do it the best I can. Appreciate any and all comments.

brdgbldr

You do not need to drain the chain case to replace the motor carrier seals. The seals are on the motor carriers and the motors need to be removed to replace them. If you have the motors off, then yes I would go ahead and replace them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Duke07

Thanks for your reply. Going to drain the chain case because of water intrusion and refill.... if I can wait until later for the seals since they're not currently leaking I think I will. I appreciate your input!

Tazza

Staff member
The motor carrier seals are actually not part of the motor, the motors have seals for the high pressure side, but the end where the shaft exits, has no seal as such, this is where the carrier seal comes into play.

If you aren't gaining oil in the chain case, no real reason to change the seals.

If you are gaining oil, take the motors off and check the shaft that goes through the seal for movement, if it moves, a new seal will not fix the issue, you need to replace bearings.

Good luck with the chain case cleaning

Latest posts