743B V1702 Engine Block Heater?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BobCat

I know this topic was touched on awhile back but I'm still not perfectly clear on which expansion plug you would pull in order to install the heater. Is it the one right behind the seat in the head right above the flywheel? If so then it's an engine pull to install the block heater which really goes into the head not the block. Am I right about that. Thanks BobCat.

OP
OP
B

BobCat

Okay after talking to my local Bobcat dealer going the expansion plug route is out. He said there just isn't enough room for it to even fit in there. Says it would hit the flywheel fan shroud. Recommended the tank heater.

SkidRoe

Okay after talking to my local Bobcat dealer going the expansion plug route is out. He said there just isn't enough room for it to even fit in there. Says it would hit the flywheel fan shroud. Recommended the tank heater.
Tank heaters work great, and they are fast! I put a 1500watt in an old VW diesel I had many years ago. Plug it in for 20 minutes, and the engine was at operating temperature when you started it. Definitely put it on a timer if you can.

de03x7

My 743B has the tank heater and it works great. I'm in Alaska and have started it after plugging in for 30 minutes at -15 and it fired up like it did all summer. It did take the hyd oil a bit to warm up though.

[email protected]

My 743B has the tank heater and it works great. I'm in Alaska and have started it after plugging in for 30 minutes at -15 and it fired up like it did all summer. It did take the hyd oil a bit to warm up though.
i know some companies make magnetic ones, but i know nothing about them