743B troubleshooting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
R

richard

Glad to hear it came apart good. Brittle orings are a sign of high fluid temps( and old age) , so you may want to check you hyd temps when you get her going. Likely did'nt need the oring to seal the pump to the chaincase, (no press here) but even if bobcat wants 5 times what its worth, how much can they ask for a oring?? let us know how she works Ken
Got o-ring from Bobcat. Surprisingly, the o-ring only cost 82 cents.......but cost about 5 bucks to ship it to me. Got everything put back together this afternoon after work but it got dark on me before I could test it. Tommorrow I'll top off the fluid and see if I did any good.

Tazza

Staff member
Got o-ring from Bobcat. Surprisingly, the o-ring only cost 82 cents.......but cost about 5 bucks to ship it to me. Got everything put back together this afternoon after work but it got dark on me before I could test it. Tommorrow I'll top off the fluid and see if I did any good.
Nice, thats cheaper than i expected.
Oh you tease, i was expecting you to go on and say its all installed and running. I really hope it works for you, with all this effort you have put into it you deserve for it to work!
Let us know how it goes

Eric

Excellent photos! Keep up the good work and good luck.

OP
OP
R

richard

Excellent photos! Keep up the good work and good luck.
WhewHoo!! That fixed it! In fact, it seems to be smoother and have more power than the other side. I may as well pull the other motor and put a new set of seals in it too. It will only cost me $70. In thinking about the $70........the one o-ring cost me 82 cents, so the nine seals in the plastic bag the seal kit came in should have cost about $7.38. So that means they charged me $62.62 for the plastic bag! Man, I had no idea that thin clear plastic had gone up that much. You think I might be able to sell it on Ebay and recoupe some of my cost? :) Anyhow, thanks guys for all your help in solving this problem. It turned out to be an inexpensive fix and I learned a lot along the way.

skidsteer.ca

WhewHoo!! That fixed it! In fact, it seems to be smoother and have more power than the other side. I may as well pull the other motor and put a new set of seals in it too. It will only cost me $70. In thinking about the $70........the one o-ring cost me 82 cents, so the nine seals in the plastic bag the seal kit came in should have cost about $7.38. So that means they charged me $62.62 for the plastic bag! Man, I had no idea that thin clear plastic had gone up that much. You think I might be able to sell it on Ebay and recoupe some of my cost? :) Anyhow, thanks guys for all your help in solving this problem. It turned out to be an inexpensive fix and I learned a lot along the way.
Now you can justify buying more tools!!;)