642B Price

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobcatdan

Bobcatdan - where in the heck do you live and what the he$@ do you do for a living? I wanna move there and start buying up all those bobcats you've been talking about, because I know you CAN'T possibly be serious about those crazy prices you've been talking about.
Live in WI and was a Bobcat dealer tech for 10 years. Next to never saw a 40 series that wasn't scrap iron. Few far and between low hour ones that where hardly used, but most were busted up junk. Dealer doesn't want them because by the time they give trade in price, stick any money in it, they are $2000 upside down in. Any that were traded in were sold to a wholesaler for $100 over what they gave for. Also a dealer doesn't want them because they are so outdated. Selling them falls right into my belief, they are worth what stupid people will pay.

mmsllc

Live in WI and was a Bobcat dealer tech for 10 years. Next to never saw a 40 series that wasn't scrap iron. Few far and between low hour ones that where hardly used, but most were busted up junk. Dealer doesn't want them because by the time they give trade in price, stick any money in it, they are $2000 upside down in. Any that were traded in were sold to a wholesaler for $100 over what they gave for. Also a dealer doesn't want them because they are so outdated. Selling them falls right into my belief, they are worth what stupid people will pay.
I would not buy a machine any smaller than a 753. Once you step up to that platform, you really get a lot of great features, mainly the KUBOTA diesel engine. Then you gain extra lifting capacity & so much more. Don't waste your time with too small of a machine. Spend a little more & get more for your money = DON'T SETTLE!!