642b hydrolic problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

duhop

I have a 1989 642b. we were digging a week ago all was good, went out yesterday and fired it up and the pedals did not work. after bit the left pedal would raise the arms if you held the pedal in just the right spot then to lower it you need to jam your foot down on it and the right tilt pedal has nothing. checked fluid all good replaced filter no help did rebuilt tilt cylinder last year. it is making a sort of squealing noise now under the seat. any ideers out there? thanks Duane

SkidRoe

thanks! where is the relief valve located?
It should be located in the loader control block, next to one of the spools. You will need to flip the ROPS up to access it.
A quick wat to find it would be to start the engine after you have the ROPS up, and then (carefully) actuate one of the spools. You should be able to locate it by it's squeal.
Hope this helps,
SR

Tazza

Staff member
It should be located in the loader control block, next to one of the spools. You will need to flip the ROPS up to access it.
A quick wat to find it would be to start the engine after you have the ROPS up, and then (carefully) actuate one of the spools. You should be able to locate it by it's squeal.
Hope this helps,
SR
Your aux hydraulics aren't stuck on are they? Grab the right lever, pull it to the left and let it spring back to neutral.

OP
OP
D

duhop

Your aux hydraulics aren't stuck on are they? Grab the right lever, pull it to the left and let it spring back to neutral.
ya know it does seem as if the hydros are stuck on because the motor is under some stress, when the storm passes I am going to check the right lever and try that, then i will let you know, thanks for the help so far ! : )

OP
OP
D

duhop

ya know it does seem as if the hydros are stuck on because the motor is under some stress, when the storm passes I am going to check the right lever and try that, then i will let you know, thanks for the help so far ! : )
well that was it !! sheesh what a deal !! the RIGHT stick was in the wrong position !!! I forgot all about the auxillary hydrolics sheesh THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH !! : )))

Tazza

Staff member
well that was it !! sheesh what a deal !! the RIGHT stick was in the wrong position !!! I forgot all about the auxillary hydrolics sheesh THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH !! : )))
You are not the first, nor will you be the last that gets stuck with this problem.
Glad it was a simple fix.