642 Ford 1.6 Exhaust manifold

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

t28c34

Anyone have any leads on a exhaust manifold for a 642 with the ford 1.6 motor? The JB weld just is not doing it anymore. on the cracks.

OldMachinist

Depending on how bad it is you could braze the cracks. I've done that many times on old tractors.
The Ford industrial 98 cid. engine was used in several different types of equipment(fork lifts, floor sweepers, large lawn mowers and skid steers) so finding a manifold shouldn't be too hard. Also the 71-73 pinto used the engine without a governor but I don't know if the manifold was the same.

OP
OP
T

t28c34

Depending on how bad it is you could braze the cracks. I've done that many times on old tractors.
The Ford industrial 98 cid. engine was used in several different types of equipment(fork lifts, floor sweepers, large lawn mowers and skid steers) so finding a manifold shouldn't be too hard. Also the 71-73 pinto used the engine without a governor but I don't know if the manifold was the same.
I talked to a specialty welding buddy, he said that it cold be done, but... Just not to sure of it. I thought i would look for a one first, before i tear it down, and if the welding dos'nt work then i go with the back up and buy one. I do think the brazzing would work tho