4635 DXT Started Running By Itself

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jcoberg

Have a 4635 DXT Sunday morning got up and machine was running, it started by itself and the key was off when i got in it. To shut off, put park brake on and killed engine. Now with key off everything inside electrically is on with key in the off position. To kill electrical power we remove battery cable. The starter will not activate, but you can here the solenoid clicking when you turn key to start. There is a relay that is wire tied to solenoid and if you pull the relay all electrical in cab shuts off as if you shut the key off. Removed all wires from key switch and get the same condition, electrical powers is on. I assume that the starter is smoked most likely but can not figure out why the power is on in cab with key in the off position. Any ideas??

OP
OP
J

jcoberg

Got it fixed and it is running now. It was the relay that was wire tied to solenoid. That solenoid, I was informed, is the glow plug module and when it goes bad will start the skidloader on its own. The starter was also smoked as it was probably engaged until it went bad.

Tazza

Staff member
Got it fixed and it is running now. It was the relay that was wire tied to solenoid. That solenoid, I was informed, is the glow plug module and when it goes bad will start the skidloader on its own. The starter was also smoked as it was probably engaged until it went bad.
You are very lucky it didn't catch fire. All because of a bad relay....