What is a Commander 8000 track? ( made by hydra mac)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1816case

posted earlier..thinking about buying.. found out is called a 'commander' made by hydra mac. almost zero info on the 8000 model. appears to be inline engine but not sure gas or diesel. Anybody know anything about the 8000 commander? comes with bucket and fork bucket. on tracks. $2500. It appears like a very heavy machine for what it is. I imagine tracks are very pricey even if still available. Thanks.

flyerdan

After a bit of searching, I was only able to find one article that referenced the 4200 and 12000 Commander, no info on the OEM, Power Equipment Corp. in MN.
Unless you have a machine shop and can make your own parts, I'd probably avoid this one. If you really need a machine now, and it's in great shape at rock bottom dollar, you could buy and use it for now while searching for a better supported machine, and sell it off later. Hopefully someone will be along with better info, I can't believe an equivalent to a T300 Bobcat has no web presence whatsoever.

OP
OP

1816case

After a bit of searching, I was only able to find one article that referenced the 4200 and 12000 Commander, no info on the OEM, Power Equipment Corp. in MN.
Unless you have a machine shop and can make your own parts, I'd probably avoid this one. If you really need a machine now, and it's in great shape at rock bottom dollar, you could buy and use it for now while searching for a better supported machine, and sell it off later. Hopefully someone will be along with better info, I can't believe an equivalent to a T300 Bobcat has no web presence whatsoever.
my thinking too. If it was a machine with a decent reputation it should have more info on the web. better following. I've got into to many of these loosing money deals so going to pass. The tracks are nice thought but then agaiin probably very expensive and almost non existence probably. Thanks on input.

jamesbender

I have the C-8000 all of the parts are common parts to get other than the gear and idler wheel. This machine is full of power. Diesel Isuzu inline 4 cylinder 86 HP and weighs about 9000 lbs with fuel and bucket. I am able to lift 3700 lbs and not tip. I have the complete manual and all. Bridgestone sells the tracks.