5620 moves by itself

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tony Nappo

Hi Im new to the group! I have a 5620 that I purchased used and has a few issues. the Main concern I have is that Sometimes it will start to turn left by itself, you can actually watch the left T handle turn and keep turning. Not very safe. Has anyone seen this, If so, whats the fix? Thanks Tony

Blaine Man

I have a 5625 but it does not move very much, enough you notice it during warm up. I put on a new front brake cable thinking that may help but it did not. The calipers are really hard to access to remove for pad replacement which after 20 years are probably oiled up and deuterated. Then the pads might not even be available. I think the root cause is the drive chains are not tightened the same, not that brakes can not hold. It might be a winter project to tighten the one side that I feel is loose. It is a very tight job doing it though. Good luck and welcome!

gravenk

I have a 5625 but it does not move very much, enough you notice it during warm up. I put on a new front brake cable thinking that may help but it did not. The calipers are really hard to access to remove for pad replacement which after 20 years are probably oiled up and deuterated. Then the pads might not even be available. I think the root cause is the drive chains are not tightened the same, not that brakes can not hold. It might be a winter project to tighten the one side that I feel is loose. It is a very tight job doing it though. Good luck and welcome!
I'm convinced that on mine (5625) that the servo valves are leaking and that causes it to wander on startup. I also have inop brakes which I'm working on fixing. I don't think that the chains will cause the issue.