Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

I am going to tell you the whole story as this problem could need a priest to do an exercisom or something , a 442's operater had a stroke while operating the machine on an old house demo job , it took 5 people to get the man out the cab as he was frozen up , he is still alive but not doing good , the truck driver found him paralized and he couldn't talk but have no idea how long he was like that , another operator came out and couldn't get the machine started , thats where I came in , after about 15 minutes of testing around and finding a hot battery , no blown fuses and no juice to the starter I remembered the 442 has a battery kill switch in the cab on the left arm rest support , problem solved , they must have hit the switch while getting the man out the cab , the new operator goes to work and I would have been gone but was talking to the dump truck driver about what had happened and 15 minutes later , while I was still there , the machine lost the boom , dipper and travel functions , all 3 work very slow with no power , switched the ISO/ASO switch and the problem switched sides to the other joy stick on the same functions , raised the cab , and started troubleshooting the extreme many of the stems and coils this bad boy has , thinking it could be a flow divertion going on , or a loss of flow from the pump , as if you pull the dozer lever and hold it dead headed the boom , dipper and track functions return , not being very up on the hydraulic curcuitry of the 442 I went and got a $100 and about 2000 page service manuel which is really not too good , and found this machine to be even more complicated than I had thought , and being it is a copied service manuel , which came from Bpbcat , it's hydraulic schemantics , which usually fold out to one large sheet is 5 and 6 copies which words , valves , lines , exc , don't line up and is like a pirates treasure map , wasted $100 , I checked all the common things I have seen on other machine which would caause something like this , such as aux hyd or high speed sticking on as far as testing the system pressures after looking at the procedures and extra stuff I would have to make and get it ain't going to happen , this machine has troque limiters built into the pump , dual reliefs on multiple banks with one acting as a back up relief which sets at 4250 psi , at least 10 stem coils , numerous blocks and manifolds and 3 different serial number breaks , a true nightmare of a break down , I cut my finger on a shred of metal while lifting the cab over , a T 300 threw a track on this job , truck got stuck really bad , and a excessive amount of crazy things happened around there , well I was able to figure out by dead heading the dozer I could get enough flow to get the machine on the trailer and away from the job but that didn't fix it , I should mention that when the machine sits for a while and you work it then it will work for about a minute then lose funtions , if I seen a lot of 442's I would spend the time reading the entire book to try and better understand the system but they are really rare around here , I'm thinking either ghost of the people who use to live there or the property is located on some type of magnetic vortec's , any body got any ideas

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Well this machine has been at the dealer ,who is not busy at all right now , going on a week and they don't have clue yet ---------- I feel a little better knowing it was not something really easy , but I am feeling really bad that equipment has come to point where the owner/user and outside the dealer mechanics are not going to be able to do much more than oil changes , cylinder rebuilds and part swopping anymore ------ too many unneeded bells and whistles , too many electronics , wires , solinoids , coils , etc , etc , I believe the reason why is they don't want you working on them and there are so many more high dollar parts that they can sell you are ridculous prices , cause face it , parts are where the money is for the equipment manufactures , just say you purchase a T250 which is right over $40,000 around here right now , I would guess-ta-mate if you bought every individual part over the part counter to assemble that machine from the ground up it would cost a million dollars , and if you let the dealer assemble it for you it would be another 1/2 mil ----Quote from Henry Ford " I can give every one in the United States a car for "FREE" , but they have to have all the parts and service come from me "

nobull1

Well this machine has been at the dealer ,who is not busy at all right now , going on a week and they don't have clue yet ---------- I feel a little better knowing it was not something really easy , but I am feeling really bad that equipment has come to point where the owner/user and outside the dealer mechanics are not going to be able to do much more than oil changes , cylinder rebuilds and part swopping anymore ------ too many unneeded bells and whistles , too many electronics , wires , solinoids , coils , etc , etc , I believe the reason why is they don't want you working on them and there are so many more high dollar parts that they can sell you are ridculous prices , cause face it , parts are where the money is for the equipment manufactures , just say you purchase a T250 which is right over $40,000 around here right now , I would guess-ta-mate if you bought every individual part over the part counter to assemble that machine from the ground up it would cost a million dollars , and if you let the dealer assemble it for you it would be another 1/2 mil ----Quote from Henry Ford " I can give every one in the United States a car for "FREE" , but they have to have all the parts and service come from me "
Fishfiles

You said it right. These machines are becoming a nightmare for the the average Joe. No one but the dealer can work on them and everything can cost $1000.00 plus to repair. The machine better be making good money and have some one to bank some of that money. If you don't keep a stash of cash you might be out of business sooner than you think.

Brian

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Fishfiles

You said it right. These machines are becoming a nightmare for the the average Joe. No one but the dealer can work on them and everything can cost $1000.00 plus to repair. The machine better be making good money and have some one to bank some of that money. If you don't keep a stash of cash you might be out of business sooner than you think.

Brian
Two weeks after it went into the shop they found some trash in one of the stem coils , I am mad at myself some what as if I would have just started pulling everyone of them out I may have found it , but then again if it took the dealer (who wasn't busy)two weeks to find the problem it must have not been easy , somebody who only has 1 machine couldn't have probally survived this down time /break down , stay away from the 442

Latest posts