thumb on 442

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wolfridge

I just found this site while searching for information on 442 excavator. I bought a weld on aftermarket thumb and having trouble getting it to work. The hoses are connected to the bottom port of the aux diverter valve on both sides of the stick. I have owned machine about 6 months and it looks like nothing has ever been hooked to aux ports. Trouble shows up when I press bottons on right joystick and nothing happens. Is there something that needs to be enabled for aux ports to work? There is a jackhammer switch on dash, doesn't matter which way it is set. I like the machine but don't get a warm fuzzy feeling when reading reviews about parts and service costs.

7LBSSMALLIE

442 is a beast, you are going to need to learn it inside and out ; im pretty good at em so keep posting ill help. german design french made (i think) you got two sets of qds there the breaker button, enables one with a direct to tank back flow. the other is for attachments as in grapple etc ops man will detirme. what does what. parts not cheap but as with anythining maint is key.

OP
OP
W

Wolfridge

442 is a beast, you are going to need to learn it inside and out ; im pretty good at em so keep posting ill help. german design french made (i think) you got two sets of qds there the breaker button, enables one with a direct to tank back flow. the other is for attachments as in grapple etc ops man will detirme. what does what. parts not cheap but as with anythining maint is key.
Thanks for reply. First does it sound like the hoses are right with one on each side? If that is yes could there be a switch to activate thumb buttons or a fuse blown or missing? When you press thumb switch it doesnt change sound of engine like it is putting any pressure on.

7LBSSMALLIE

Thanks for reply. First does it sound like the hoses are right with one on each side? If that is yes could there be a switch to activate thumb buttons or a fuse blown or missing? When you press thumb switch it doesnt change sound of engine like it is putting any pressure on.
if you are enganining the qds for breaker,(which has direct return to tank ) you wont hear it no restriction to flow ,