2001 763 G hand and foot controls not changing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

larryb346

I just bought a 2001 763. I tried it out before purchasing and I was able to change from the foot control to hand control for the bucket without issue. Bobcat dealer replaced a leaking throttle plate and drained and refilled the chain cases. I didn't retry the controls. After I got it home it will not switch from hand to foot pedals. I checked the fuse and it has power on both legs so it is good. I pulled down the panel and checked the switch. It has power on one wire and it is for the illumination bulb,which is lit. I looked to see if sometime came unplugged while bobcat was working on it but do not see anything obvious. The only way to switch that I can think of would be to have power to the switch beside the bulb leg. I tried switching and then re-pushing the operate button . I also switched with the key off and restarted and no change. Any suggestions would be appreciated. There are no codes showing when checked by pressing the light switch. Thanks Larry

OP
OP
L

larryb346

It is currently in the hand control mode
The tilt and boom work fine with the hand controls. The foot pedals are locked solid. When I try to change back to the foot mode there is no noise to even indicate the switch position has been changed.

Bobcatdan

The tilt and boom work fine with the hand controls. The foot pedals are locked solid. When I try to change back to the foot mode there is no noise to even indicate the switch position has been changed.
There wouldn't be no noise, the system is all electrical. There are potentiometers in the hand and foot levers. These sent a signal to the controller that then sends a signal to the acturators to move the vavle. The simple sents a signal to the controller as to much controls to pay attention too. What doed your switch. It should be lit for what position it is in.

bobcatguy

When you say noise, you mean the beep it makes when you switch control patterns? And when you switch control patterns you're pressing the green traction lock button again right??

bobcatguy

When you say noise, you mean the beep it makes when you switch control patterns? And when you switch control patterns you're pressing the green traction lock button again right??
One other thing, I had a machine that wouldn't switch to foot controls and it ended up being because the foot pedals didn't return to the neutral position. Make sure your pedals don't have rust on the pivoting pin or mud under them. Mine had rust on the pivot pins and it kept one pedal from returning to neutral. I can't recall if the light illuminated or not when I tried to switch to foot control but for some reason I'm thinking it didn't.

OP
OP
L

larryb346

One other thing, I had a machine that wouldn't switch to foot controls and it ended up being because the foot pedals didn't return to the neutral position. Make sure your pedals don't have rust on the pivoting pin or mud under them. Mine had rust on the pivot pins and it kept one pedal from returning to neutral. I can't recall if the light illuminated or not when I tried to switch to foot control but for some reason I'm thinking it didn't.
The switch is lit at the top when I change the switch to the lower position the light does not change to the lower area of the switch. The only power to the switch no matter position is the top power to the light.

OP
OP
L

larryb346

The switch is lit at the top when I change the switch to the lower position the light does not change to the lower area of the switch. The only power to the switch no matter position is the top power to the light.
There is no noise period. I push the switch and only noise is the switch moving. I have been pushing the press to operate button again after switching. It is like the only power coming to the switch is the top light wire. I checked all the wires and it is the only one with power no matter the switch position.

OP
OP
L

larryb346

There is no noise period. I push the switch and only noise is the switch moving. I have been pushing the press to operate button again after switching. It is like the only power coming to the switch is the top light wire. I checked all the wires and it is the only one with power no matter the switch position.
I have never heard a beep. I need to check that also. I was operating it and bounced it over some sticks as I was pushing some limbs and the ahc or what ever it is light came on and the loader stopped working. There was no beeping just stopped. I restarted it and it was fine. I don't know if bouncing would cause the light to come on or not. I did move some rocks and other things and no issues. I have always had foot controls and not as smooth with the hand controls as I could be so figured the machine didn't like me jerking the hydraulics around so much so shut down to prevent damage.

OP
OP
L

larryb346

I have never heard a beep. I need to check that also. I was operating it and bounced it over some sticks as I was pushing some limbs and the ahc or what ever it is light came on and the loader stopped working. There was no beeping just stopped. I restarted it and it was fine. I don't know if bouncing would cause the light to come on or not. I did move some rocks and other things and no issues. I have always had foot controls and not as smooth with the hand controls as I could be so figured the machine didn't like me jerking the hydraulics around so much so shut down to prevent damage.
Still dealing with this issue. I checked all the fuses and found a fuse labeled ALt/kits blown. I replaced it and the foot pedals started working they worked for 10 min or so then blew the fuse again. I can put a test light on the fuse and when I wiggle the fuse the light will flicker indicating it is not making perfect connection inside the fuse block. What all does this fuse control? What is the kits? I guess I am going to have to try and figure out how to remove the fuse block and see why the fuse is not making good contact. One more thing when I turn on the key all the panel lights come on for a second or so then they all go out except the seat belt and glow plug which go off after a period of time. The oil pressure and alternator light never come back on after the test. Should they come back on and then go off after the engine is running? That is the way old cars worked when they had indicator lights. Thanks Larry

Bobcatdan

Still dealing with this issue. I checked all the fuses and found a fuse labeled ALt/kits blown. I replaced it and the foot pedals started working they worked for 10 min or so then blew the fuse again. I can put a test light on the fuse and when I wiggle the fuse the light will flicker indicating it is not making perfect connection inside the fuse block. What all does this fuse control? What is the kits? I guess I am going to have to try and figure out how to remove the fuse block and see why the fuse is not making good contact. One more thing when I turn on the key all the panel lights come on for a second or so then they all go out except the seat belt and glow plug which go off after a period of time. The oil pressure and alternator light never come back on after the test. Should they come back on and then go off after the engine is running? That is the way old cars worked when they had indicator lights. Thanks Larry
The Alt&kits fuse primarily protechs the alternator signal voltage to ignite. It also proctechs add on kits like a cab door wiring,12 volt outlet or a factory strobe light. Also a smashed 7 pin connector can cause it to blow. Not to tell you to shotgun parts, but my guess is the alternator is failing.

Latest posts