1996 mustang2040

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Whatthef

Hey people,
My Mustang 2040 has no hydraulic movement on anything, no arms,bucket no travel.
Pulled the precharge pump,hydraulic shop says it is ok.
There is a vickers hydraulic body bolted under the operators seat, with heat probe, couple of relief valves and a solenoid with two red wires connected to it.
Any idea how to test that solenoid, all my switches are good and the control module is all green lites on save a couple of non-essential ones.I hope my attached pic comes through. Thanks Mark

Attachments

• 20240130_101937.jpg
    20240130_101937.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
W

Whatthef

I will look into that, but I think it's that darn solenoid , I'm chasing easier things at this point, thanks friend.M.

Firefighter

That solenoid is for brake release only , if u pull it off n put 12v to the wires, a screw driver or any metal object inserted in
to it should cling to it, i think the ohms should be betwen 8-10

OP
OP
W

Whatthef

So now I wonder why would there be 2 reds coming into that plug, those are original red wires, I very much appreciate your input.
I am going to try and find a elec. schematic and see where those wires flow to.Much thanks, Mark Red Deer Alberta.

Firefighter

that is normal for some solenoids to have the same color wire, polarity does not matter going into them, if u go
back beyond the plug to the harness u will have 2 colors

Firefighter

if nothing works not even your boom functions, the pump has no rotation there for it will be dead, the pump u pulled
off is used for charge pressure and boom functions, take the hose off coming out of it n crank it over if no oil flows
the pump has no rotation, goes back to the drive coupler between engine or issue internally with shaft couplers in the hydros