1995 mustang 940 help / advise

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

harveje

First time post long time wrench head / operator / jack of most trades.. looking at a 95 940 for sale with 753hrs on meter??? it seems to work, paint is rough, tires 70%, no leaks, engine starts and runs fine, hydraulics ok. These are what the seller told during a phone conversation and e-mailed pics. Questions: what is the hyd flow for these units? can aux hyd. be installed? How is the T handle compared to joys? I've always ran joystick machines I'm assuming the attachment plate is not standard? is there an adapter or that? any personal experience you can share related to these units? I've tried searching on the net but can only find h.p. lift cap. weight. seller is asking 5700 for machine Thanks for taking your time to help me out. Have a Blessed day.

Des

The Hrs seem to be very low for the year of the machine,all the customers that I have with 940s the hr meter has been around the clock at least 2 times.The Aux hyd is a factory fit , controlled by the lever on the left of the seat.The flow for the Aux is 68 L/M with a 2400 PSI relief.The single pin fast-a-tach(quick hitch) is the factory fit for the 940.The only weak point on the 940 is the chain chase, you need to have a good look at the axles,water in the cases(the cover bolts come loose and water gets in). Over all the 940 is a good machine I have two that Im rebuilding but the only one that I would not buy is the 940E, always fixing leaking control valves & electrical problems.The last 940 that I got, paid $4000 Au, 8500Hrs good runner but needed lots of work.

OP
OP
H

harveje

The Hrs seem to be very low for the year of the machine,all the customers that I have with 940s the hr meter has been around the clock at least 2 times.The Aux hyd is a factory fit , controlled by the lever on the left of the seat.The flow for the Aux is 68 L/M with a 2400 PSI relief.The single pin fast-a-tach(quick hitch) is the factory fit for the 940.The only weak point on the 940 is the chain chase, you need to have a good look at the axles,water in the cases(the cover bolts come loose and water gets in). Over all the 940 is a good machine I have two that Im rebuilding but the only one that I would not buy is the 940E, always fixing leaking control valves & electrical problems.The last 940 that I got, paid $4000 Au, 8500Hrs good runner but needed lots of work.
Thank you. I think I'm going to do some trading around and see what happens.