MUSTANG 1995 960 INJECTOR PUMP QUESTIONS

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wolf_fav

HELLO,
I have a 1995 Mustang 960 with the isuzu 4jb1 . currently my injector pump is leaking , was wondering if i can reseal it on the machine or if it needs a total rebuild. is it worth purchasing a brand new one ? know any decent places to send it ? anyone have a write up on removal and installation ?
ive looked at some removal and installation post and they are very vague . so as much details as possible would be much appreciated .

OP
OP
W

wolf_fav

Where is it leaking from, does it start & run good
It seems to be leaking towards the rear of the pump . in between the block where the lines exit . Machine runs fantastic ! always starts right up and runs smooth .
IMG_0235.jpg

Firefighter

i would see if u can find a reputable injection repair shop in the area & get it rebuilt / resealed
if you remove the radiator, there are 2 inspection covers u can remove 1 at the camshaft gear & 1 at
the injection pump gear, i generally dont worry bout the cam shaft, but u can use it to make sure the engine doesnt rotate after after removal by marking the cam gear after aligning the timing mark at the injection pump with the pointer on the timing case, the pump should then unbolt & pull out

OP
OP
W

wolf_fav

i would see if u can find a reputable injection repair shop in the area & get it rebuilt / resealed
if you remove the radiator, there are 2 inspection covers u can remove 1 at the camshaft gear & 1 at
the injection pump gear, i generally dont worry bout the cam shaft, but u can use it to make sure the engine doesnt rotate after after removal by marking the cam gear after aligning the timing mark at the injection pump with the pointer on the timing case, the pump should then unbolt & pull out
Do i have to find TDC if so how would i do that? or do i i just mark the cam where ever it sits ? the one company i spoke with told me they will time the rebuilt pump to TDC.

Firefighter

The injection pump shaft has a key, so i shouldnt matter, as long as u get the pointer on the timing case, &
injection pump gear aligned, then mark your cam as it sits u should be good to go

Latest posts