1988 743 with cab heat new tires, 2600 hrs what should I pay

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

case310350

Have been looking for a skidsteer for some time. I will be looking at one in the morning, its a 743 with a cab, heat , new tires bucket, and 2600 hrs. owner says engine runs good, no smoke nothing wrong. if I assume thats true, what would it be worth???

Tazza

Staff member
Its hard to say, i have seen them on e-bay go for around the 7-9,000 mark.
The hours are low it depends on the general appearance and if there have been cracks welded up. Check the engine is easy to start and doesn't smoke much under load. Check the power of the machine by pushing into dirt listen for strange noises (they do groan under load).
Check for leaks, most machines do leak a little.
There really isn't a lot to check on these machines.
I'm sure you will be happy with what you end up getting.

TommyZ

Have been looking for a skidsteer for some time. I will be looking at one in the morning, its a 743 with a cab, heat , new tires bucket, and 2600 hrs. owner says engine runs good, no smoke nothing wrong. if I assume thats true, what would it be worth???
I just bought a 1990 843, from the 2nd owner. 2700 hours, really good shape, I gave 8k for it. Came with a bucket, set of loose forks (which I just bought a set of forks on a mounting plate for it,) and a set of OTT chains. I'm quite happy with it for 8k. Can't go wrong for that money, considering the price of new these days, and all the headaches with emissions motors.