1845c

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jbo636

I'm finally about to purchase a grapple bucket for my 1845c. here's My question. My dad has a problem with his hip and can't move his legs to good. the 1845c aux is control by the foot pedal. My dad is 80yrs and loves operating. And I don't mind it.it keep him feeling good. back to my question do you guys know anyway I can run the aux controls on the levers instead of the foot control I'm a cheapo so I don't won't to spend to much. Thanx all input appreciated

Tazza

Staff member
The only way i can think of is the same as the modern Bobcat setup, a thumb switch on the right hand steering lever. This would require an electro-hydraulic solenoid with an open center. You will need to re-route your aux lines to this of course. It can be done, but sad to say, it won't be cheap.

mllud

The only way i can think of is the same as the modern Bobcat setup, a thumb switch on the right hand steering lever. This would require an electro-hydraulic solenoid with an open center. You will need to re-route your aux lines to this of course. It can be done, but sad to say, it won't be cheap.
Maybe you could hook a steel rod to peddle to pull with your hand.
A solenoid could be used to push/pull the present linkage .
I dont know if one of those old power takeoff push/pull cables would be strong enough.

mllud

Maybe you could hook a steel rod to peddle to pull with your hand.
A solenoid could be used to push/pull the present linkage .
I dont know if one of those old power takeoff push/pull cables would be strong enough.
The suggestions I made above would only be useful to have it on or off. Like for a log splitter. To poerate a grapple you could get a handle off a machine like an mid 90s new holland and mount modify one of your handles.
Did yoy see if hand control aux. was an option in your skid steer.

skidsteer.ca

The suggestions I made above would only be useful to have it on or off. Like for a log splitter. To poerate a grapple you could get a handle off a machine like an mid 90s new holland and mount modify one of your handles.
Did yoy see if hand control aux. was an option in your skid steer.
I believe the Case loader has the boom and bucket controls on the steering levers already (the way NH has there aux hyd there) and the only foot pedal was for the aux hyd.
The only convenient way I see to do anything else with you hands is to add an electric valve as Tazza mentioned. Check with the folks at www.surpluscenter.com or you favourite hyd shop. I think it could be set up that way for $300 to $400 Cheap if it helps keep Pop in the game imho.
Ken