1845C won't shut off.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mruffatto

I usually have the opposite problem with anything mechanical. So I started it up and it ran fine. Went to turn the key to shut her down and nothing happened. Kept on running. I pulled the ignition switch and everything was hooked up. Someone before me really did a job on the wiring behind the gauges. The gauges have never worked since I owned it. I ended up just stalling it to get it to shut down. I did not want to run it out of fuel as I have made that mistake before. Any suggestions. Is there a fuel pump solenoid that is not shutting down? I'm clueless. Thanks

frogfarmer

Fuel shut off solenoid at injection pump could be stuck. With the wiring in a mess you probably have a 12v feed shorted to the shut off solenoid holding it open. Should be a mechanical fuel shut off lever on the injection pump to use as an alternate shut off. If the solenoid is drawing current it will show on a digital VOM. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
M

mruffatto

Fuel shut off solenoid at injection pump could be stuck. With the wiring in a mess you probably have a 12v feed shorted to the shut off solenoid holding it open. Should be a mechanical fuel shut off lever on the injection pump to use as an alternate shut off. If the solenoid is drawing current it will show on a digital VOM. Hope this helps.
I've been searching for the solenoid and can't find it. Is is towards the block on the injection pump? I see a wire going there so I pulled the wire and started it and did not have any luck. If that is the solenoid it looks like it would be extremely tricky to get out of there. Unfortanetly I had to stall it again to shut it down.

skidsteer.ca

I've been searching for the solenoid and can't find it. Is is towards the block on the injection pump? I see a wire going there so I pulled the wire and started it and did not have any luck. If that is the solenoid it looks like it would be extremely tricky to get out of there. Unfortanetly I had to stall it again to shut it down.

If it runs with the wire off the solinoid must be stuck open. Should be the only wire attached to the injection pump if its like most diesels
Ken