work at dealer? kent-moore tools

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dgreen4298

anyone here work at a bobcat dealer? i am looking for a bobcat chain tool for pressing chain plates on and riveting the links. it is bobcat tool # mel1037. kent-moore tool same number. looking to borrow or rent please.

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know how good your dealer is, but i went to mine and asked about a tool, they said take all the measurements you need and make one. Yours may allow you to use it on site, but won't let you take it home. Is it an option for you to join the chain there and install it later? the issue is, you will need to remove an axle to get the chain back on though.

OP
OP
D

Dgreen4298

I don't know how good your dealer is, but i went to mine and asked about a tool, they said take all the measurements you need and make one. Yours may allow you to use it on site, but won't let you take it home. Is it an option for you to join the chain there and install it later? the issue is, you will need to remove an axle to get the chain back on though.
yeah i really dont want to take the sprockets off, for one the back two are harder than heck to reach and i have no way to check the torque on the bolt, its like 525 ft lbs, most torque wrenches only go to 250-300.

Bobcatdan

yeah i really dont want to take the sprockets off, for one the back two are harder than heck to reach and i have no way to check the torque on the bolt, its like 525 ft lbs, most torque wrenches only go to 250-300.
Maybe they are connected or own Kent-Moore, but all Bobcat tools come from OTC. Beside tools that are automatic ship, when ordering tools, there is a link from Passport that goes to an OTC website.

farmshop

Maybe they are connected or own Kent-Moore, but all Bobcat tools come from OTC. Beside tools that are automatic ship, when ordering tools, there is a link from Passport that goes to an OTC website.
The one bobcat chain I had to do I was able to wedge something behind the link and peen the pins with a hammer and punch although it was on a front wheel.

7LBSSMALLIE

The one bobcat chain I had to do I was able to wedge something behind the link and peen the pins with a hammer and punch although it was on a front wheel.
the reality is ITS A CHAIN. yea I crimp them im a pro. got the tools etc that's what you pay for. as to will a cotter pinned master link for 1 hundred series chain work avail everywhere? seen it done had no issues with it. other side of the coin . peace o mind ? jack it block it get chains installed have field svc tech come out and crimp em if chain case mt and clean got no problem with that. couple hundred . gets a good look over to make sure you did not jack anything over. gets filled and buttoned up. and probally last time in there forever.