Which tracks? 18" or 13"`

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

awschucks

HI, I have a Bobcat T200 and am wondering if I can switch from the 18" tracks that are on the machine now to 13" tracks? Thx, Dave

Fishfiles

No , I don't think so ------------- the only machine that I know of that any different width tracks are available for is the T180/190 , if you have a wide track 180/190 you can put a narrow track on it , but if you have the narrow track you can't put the wide with out modifactions ---------- maybe in the after market world there is a track which has the same pitch , length and comes narrower , but I have never seen or heard of it , but never inquired

fishfactor

No , I don't think so ------------- the only machine that I know of that any different width tracks are available for is the T180/190 , if you have a wide track 180/190 you can put a narrow track on it , but if you have the narrow track you can't put the wide with out modifactions ---------- maybe in the after market world there is a track which has the same pitch , length and comes narrower , but I have never seen or heard of it , but never inquired
A little late, but I don't know why not. I have a T320 and we had the 12" tracks installed on it before we took delivery. Standard is 18". I work in a lot of timberland where pine trees are spaced 6' apart. The wide tracks scuff the trees, but the narrow tracks will just fit through. Saves some weight and money as well.