What's the opposite of a Lemon?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

thetool

I worked on an 843 Hi-flow today, and although it had some issues, the clock read 9,891 hrs, and it ticked over to 9,892 when I was flow-testing it.
Looked all original.
That's the most I've ever seen on a Bobcat.
The customer was not the original owner. He asked if I thought he should sell it and get a newer one. I was unable to give him any advise.
Anybody seen more?

Tazza

Staff member
I had a 731 with 400 odd hours on it, and the hour meter still worked so it clicked over 10,000 hours. BUT if you left the ignition on it would keep ticking over, i just wonder if the 843 is the same? The 731 was on its second engine though, so the number of genuine running hours i'd suspect to be at least 6,000 till the old detuz died.
I remember a member who has since run away mentioned that the hydro's on 743 machines would last more than 10,000 hours. I assume this would relate to any of the older style pumps including the 843. He worked as a mechanic for Bobcat so he has seen a few.

OP
OP
thetool

thetool

I had a 731 with 400 odd hours on it, and the hour meter still worked so it clicked over 10,000 hours. BUT if you left the ignition on it would keep ticking over, i just wonder if the 843 is the same? The 731 was on its second engine though, so the number of genuine running hours i'd suspect to be at least 6,000 till the old detuz died.
I remember a member who has since run away mentioned that the hydro's on 743 machines would last more than 10,000 hours. I assume this would relate to any of the older style pumps including the 843. He worked as a mechanic for Bobcat so he has seen a few.
I didn't think to look at that, whether it ran key off. But then it would be wired wrong.
Maybe........=).

Kelly

There is an 863 in Belton that has around 7500 on it. I've personally put two head gaskets in it over the years. Those 843's run the hour meter off of the charge pressure sender on the top of the pump and they like to stick closed and run the hour meter continually.