what tire size on an 825?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mr_C

I asked a while back about keeping my old tires on my 825. Honestly, I have been pretty surprised at how well they have worked, even thought they are quite worn. I have decided when I get new tires I will be getting rims with them also and keep these old tires for floatation tires. I currently have 12x16.5 tires on it. According to some spec's I found online, I think it cam with 8.25x15. What do others with 825s run? Any recomendations? Right now I am leaning towards buying 10x16.5 because they are more common and would be a bit easier on my drivetrain than the current larger tires. the original size seem like they would be hard to come by, and maybe a bit small for such a heavy machine (I spend a lot of time on sod that I am trying not to tear up too badly) Just curious on other peoples recomendations as I have little experience in this area. The 825 is used on my hobby farm occationally for random duties including moving trailers around, cleaning the barn, clearning snow, and some dirt work (building a dike, making ditches). thanks, Mr_C

frogfarmer

12.00x16.5 is the recommended replacement size and will give better flotation on sod than the 10.00 tires will.

coreya3212

12.00x16.5 is the recommended replacement size and will give better flotation on sod than the 10.00 tires will.
My 825is10 x 16.5. I am sure wider would be better for floatation purposes as stated above. Sounds like I use mine about the same as you use your Mr C. I got no complaints with the tires on mine. they were fairly new when I bought the machine 2 plus years agon and I dont think I will ever wear a set out.

steve911

My 825is10 x 16.5. I am sure wider would be better for floatation purposes as stated above. Sounds like I use mine about the same as you use your Mr C. I got no complaints with the tires on mine. they were fairly new when I bought the machine 2 plus years agon and I dont think I will ever wear a set out.
I have 12x16.5 's on mine with no issues at all.

jeffco

I have 12x16.5 's on mine with no issues at all.
According to the manual the standard tire is a chevron tread 8.25 X 15 6 ply the floatation tire size is 12 X 16.5 6 ply and optional 8 ply. I have the 12 X 16.5 8 ply Goodyears and find that although they tear up the lawn and driveway, it is much less than the narrow tire machine my friend has. No issues, great traction. Jeffco